Sr. Financial Services Manager
Sr. Financial Services Manager
Sr. Manager, Financial Services
Arrow Electronics, Inc.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Financial Services Manager in our Centennial, CO location. The Sr. Financial Services Manager reports to the Director, Financial Services Americas, and leads the credit and collections team that supports the Enterprise Computer Solutions and Immix divisions in North America (US & Canada). The team manages approximately $1.5B in accounts receivables, extending credit and collecting outstanding AR effectively managing and protecting the integrity of the company’s accounts receivable. The ideal candidate will be a team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills, a drive for innovation and a focus on operational excellence. We are seeking a polished professional who can represent Arrow with customers, sales teams and our Executive Leadership, with the drive to excel and advance through the organization.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of approximately 30 credit and collection professionals that are responsible for the management of credit quality and cash collections while maintaining strong relationships with our customers
- Ensure appropriate application of policies and procedures
- Review and approve proposed customer credit limits from credit team up to credit authority
- Recommend proposed customer credit limits to Director for requests over credit authority
- Provide as an advisor and escalation point for credit underwriting, collections activities, and order release
- Negotiate and resolve difficult repayment issues with delinquent customers
- Lead quarter end close as it pertains to AR, aging and reserve review activities for the division
- Establish strong, positive relationships with customers’ finance leadership and/or ownership through customer interviews and on site customer visits.
- Partner with, and act as the credit and AR SME for internal customers including sales, finance, operations, treasury, accounting, audit
- Represent Financial Services Group in executive reviews, external audit discussions, and sales meetings
- Support team members’ performance and growth through mentoring, training, performance reviews and providing career development opportunities
- Lead/participate in special projects as assigned, both within the department and as part of the broader organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 15+ years commercial credit and collections experience
- 10+ years commercial credit and collections management experience
- Deep experience in and understanding of financial analysis and credit decisioning. Able to quickly and concisely make recommendations for approvals above incumbent’s credit authority.
- Knowledge of collections law, bankruptcy law, workout experience
- Advanced in Microsoft Office
- Experience with both on-site and remote staff
- International experience in lending and collecting
- Experience in Federal, government, State and Municipal invoicing and collection
- Experience extending short term credit, preferably in a captive finance or distribution environment
- Experience with alternative financing tools (e.g. leasing, flooring, factoring, escrow, agency)
- Working knowledge of Oracle and Great Plains
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing