VP, Indirect Sales
Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The VP, Indirect Sales is responsible for achieving solid sales growth, capitalizing on both existing and new market opportunities. Delivers profitable year-over-year growth through successful new account acquisition, the effective development of existing accounts, the creation of new revenue channels and careful cost management. Recruits and develops world-class sales talent. Provides executive representation to customers and develop business opportunities with potential partner organizations. Participates as member of the senior executive team and contribute to shaping growth strategy around the world. Quickly revitalizes Channel organization with vertical and market centric strategies pivotal to indirect channel sales to enterprise customers. Leads broad transformation affecting team hiring and motivation, partner engagement, joint solutioning, organizational efficiency, and relationships of mutual benefit.
- Execute a repeatable and scalable sales processes that ensures predictable results using data analytics and forecasting methodologies. Prescribe, analyze and report on appropriate and effective sales metrics (via collaboration with Sales Operations) related to sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Generate sales revenue by actively promoting and teaching Master and Sub-Agents which Zayo Networks products and services will be a good fit for their customers.
- Provide proposals and assist agents in managing their customers and prospects though the sales process.
- Provide coaching to improve performance and employee engagement.
- Oversee territory and account planning, opportunity development and key partner relationships.
- Contribute strategic guidance in refining sales and revenue strategy. Maintain current business relationships with key customers, assisting agents in securing existing revenue on long term commitments
- Apply knowledge of customers, industry and services to achieve revenue objectives.
- Identify and initiate contact with key Sub-Agents
- Track, analyze and report on sales performance and activities in Zayo’s CRM tool and other reporting tools.
- Develop accurate and timely forecast of sales opportunities.
- 15+ years’ experience in the telecommunications Partner Channel Sales industry with a focus on management, sales, strategic business planning, market expansion, and training.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Experience managing Inside Sales, Channel Partner and Indirect Sales, and solid understanding of online business to business sales required.
- Ability to recruit, train, and motivate top-tier sales talent. Model consultative sales behavior and coach sales staff and sales leaders in such skills.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading cross-functional teams to deliver profitable growth.
- High energy leader who can inspire and motivate with a strong sense of urgency.
- Leader with integrity and high standards of ethics who can creates an environment of trust, openness and respect. One who engages employees so they can be productive and ensures that open and effective communication exists within the organization at all times.
- Strong organizational skills including process discipline and focus on details, with a demonstrated ability to leverage technology and communication to drive consistent daily activity and relentless command of next actions.
- Financial acumen and business management skills with analytical competence required.
- Experience implementing processes that ensure high performance and team efficiency.
- Performance management of direct staff, including mentoring leaders within the sales organization to get to the next level.
- Curiosity and desire to learn, including embracing emerging best practices.
- Ability to travel, estimated up to 40%, with some international travel. Complete understanding of Zayo Networks value proposition, products and services such as Ethernet, Wavelength, IP transport, Dark Fiber, Custom Access and Colocation
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.