Vice President, Sales Operations
It's not just cliché. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. For the past 17 years, Billtrust has achieved remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do
As the Vice President of Sales Operations and Strategy, you will be a key member of the Billtrust revenue management organization with responsibility for productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. Specific areas of focus include: process optimization, execution strategy, forecasting, reporting, team compensation design and management, training and enablement, and management of the sales technology stack. In this role you will work closely with Marketing and the Executive Team on the Billtrust industry influencer strategy and execution.
You will report to the President and fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the President, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the firm’s business goals
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting are integrated with other planning processes employed within the firm
- Partners with sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement
- Plays a key role in Billtrust’s Industry Influencer Strategy by working closely with leadership team on building relationships with the appropriate organizations within the marketplace
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales force quotas and ensuring the firm’s financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program
- Responsible for managing Salesforce.com and its integrated applications including Marketo, CPQ pricing, SpringCM, Clarizen, Case system and others. Manage the integration of other departments onto the Force platform through a team for developers
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity. Works closely with the leadership team to understand the company’s sales and technology strategy
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity. Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models
- Works closely with sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives
- Works closely with sales leadership to establish continuous product and process training for the sales force. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of field and HQ training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel
- Working with executive leadership, designs sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives
- Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation
- Oversees new strategies around data intelligence that can help the sales force be more efficient at selling and accelerating deals
What you'll bring to the team
- 10+ years of Sales/Sales Management/Sales Operations experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Demonstrated experience aligning Sales and Marketing demand generation programs
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives
- Demonstrated experience managing a Marketing/Sales technology stack
- Strong business acumen; sound business judgment and decision-making skills
- Operates with a sense of urgency; ability to manage to deadlines
- Leadership skills with the ability to build an effective team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to persuasively convey complex information to a broad audience
- Must possess strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer each individual employee a healthcare package that is 100% paid for by Billtrust.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done