Technical Sales Representative
Wowza Media Systems, the global leader in live video streaming technology, is looking for an individual to join our sales team and play an instrumental role in the growth objectives of the company. Work on the front edge of innovation with companies like NBC Universal, Harvard University, SpacEx, NASA, Facebook, and the Olympics. We are pursuing candidates who are creative, accountable, and results-driven to immediately join our high-performing, humorous, learn-by-doing team. We are looking for that individual who has been #1 on their team and will challenge our top reps as we grow together and drive the streaming revolution! 3-5 years of proven technology sales success required, streaming knowledge not required for self-directed learners.
What you will be doing:
As part of our core sales team, this position will be based in our Golden, CO office with minimal travel. This individual will build a sales pipeline, engage directly (outbound and/or inbound) with prospects and customers, and drive opportunities through the buying process to successful close. This individual will address educational and buying needs, partner with internal Wowza resources to address technical questions, identify the right product solutions, deliver price quotes, and track their activity in our CRM. Most sales engagements are conducted via phone, e-mail, or video conference, though interested and successful reps often earn opportunities to join Wowza at industry tradeshows, here and abroad.
- Understanding Wowza product/service offerings and address sales inquiries about our technology accordingly
- Responding to incoming sales inquiries, qualified leads, and marketing delivered prospects quickly and effectively
- Being a ninja at finding creative ways to identify and contact new prospects in our key industry segments
- Manage all aspects of developing and growing revenue in an assigned industry segment or territory
- In cases, taking warm prospects and solving quick issues that shorten the sales cycle
- Managing a diverse pipeline of sales leads ranging from small monthly plans to enterprise level deals
- Respond to external prospect/customer sales inquiries in a timely, articulate fashion
- Diligent record keeping and adherence to documentation, including Salesforce.com
- Raise prospect/customer opportunities/risks to Customer Success Team
- Communicate clearly with prospects and clients using the “Wowza Way” approach
- Assist in informing quarterly sales forecasts and pipeline updates
- Collect and report on prospect/customer interactions as needed
- Proactively reach out into our prospect base to engage and discuss Wowza solutions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of technical sales experience, plus for streaming industry experience
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to learn various internal systems quickly and effectively; familiarity with Salesforce.com preferred
- Strong time management skills
- Drive to be successful, and willingness to learn/shadow for on-going professional growth
- Ability to work hard and drive success independently
Who we are
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 20,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and lead the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world. As a result, we are growing rapidly, building out our teams, services and infrastructure.
What we love about working for Wowza
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, and Amazon
- Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
- Success based compensation that rewards performance!
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, successful industry leader that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.