Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Manager
Small business makes the world go round – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll make an impact
At Xero the customer is the cornerstone of everything we do. This role is responsible for recruiting new accounting partners (firms) using Xero's proven and longstanding partner value proposition. Beginning with the creation and development of online cloud strategy business plans, you will build effective partner relationships to grow and generate new revenue for both the accounting firm and Xero.
In addition to recruiting new accounting firms to our partner program, you will also actively manage existing relationships with accounting partners in your community. You will ensure that each firm has the opportunity to grow through internal firm-wide education and peer-to-peer networking opportunities facilitated by you in the local community.
Key characteristics of an ideal candidate: well-rounded, customer focused, delivers results in high growth environments, high emotional quotient, strong business acumen, effective communicator, quick learner and knowledgeable in accounting practice operations.
What you'll do
- Take a leading role in identifying and qualifying opportunities by prospecting and developing key relationships with accounting firms within your territory
- Recruit, educate and land new Xero accounting partners to grow our channel, leading to growth of our small business customer base
- Apply your selling and relationship management skills to drive high-complexity consensus sales, while also having the ability to foster organic growth within an existing partner
- Build strong relationships with our accounting partners through consultative selling techniques and a collaborative sales approach
- Generate 4x pipeline of qualified opportunities through the use of, but not limited to, proactive outbound call activity, emails, marketing campaigns and hosting events
- Enrich the Xero experience of our accounting partners through thought leadership and continuous education on how to grow their practice and leverage Xero
- Utilize sales enablement tools such as Salesforce, Marketo and others automation tools
Success looks like
- Successfully recruit accounting partners representative of all tiers of the industry
- Manage existing accounting partner relationships under our recruit, educate, growmodel
- Collaborate with our technical team to present end-to-end accounting workflow solutions
- Bring your community to life by facilitating peer-to-peer networking and partner recruit events
What you'll bring with you
- Enthusiasm for the emerging cloud accounting market and its new opportunities
- A natural tendency towards building mutually beneficial partnerships
- Results driven with strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Capacity to learn, adapt and apply ideas in constantly morphing situations
- Ability to create quick, strong rapport with accountants and other stakeholders
- 7+ years of relationship management experience in a consultative selling environment
- Strong market knowledge of current
accounting practice and SMB software competitor platforms
- A high level of awareness for the workings of an accounting practice and systems
- Bookkeeping/accounting experience a plus
Why you'll love Xero
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We have a unique and special culture based around our values (#ownership, #challenge, #beautiful, #human and #champion) and offer a number of other great benefits and perks including Xero shares...
So if you want to hear more and have the opportunity to help shape the next phase in the Xero success story please apply!
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.