Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
The Sales Trainer will coordinate and support our pre-onboarding, onboarding, and training program for our new Quota Bearing Headcount (QBHC) field sales team. You will act as host to sales new hires for their two-week onboarding and training in Boulder, CO. You’ll be responsible for ensuring new sales employees receive proper training to meet their responsibilities successfully, track progress, and identify any issues with training methods and make suggestions for improvements as needed. Your duties will include training, scheduling, coordinating SME trainers, and overseeing all field sales onboarding and training.
Our ideal candidate understands Zayo’s culture and sales objectives and suggests ideas to achieve those objectives through sales training. For this position, you should combine excellent organization skills with an ability to interact with management, new hires as well as cross-functional team members.
- Act as host to new sales team for their two-week new hire onboarding and training in Boulder, CO.
- Coordinate and manage all pre-onboarding / onboarding communication.
- Create and distribute training roadmap for new hires.
- Ensure pre-onboarding logistics are complete (new-hire package orders, Expensewire setup, dashboards & reports, WalkMe installation, EMBARK enrollment).
- Manage ongoing two-week training schedule.
- Partner with and coordinate presenters from cross-functional teams (Tranzact, SE’s, Product & Legal) to train new sales employees.
- Contribute to Chatter group and manage training website.
- Collect and report on feedback from trainees and managers about training courses.
- Assist with WalkMe and other training tools content.
- Develop, enhance, and deliver training quizzes.
- Maintain updated training material, curricula and resources and suggest improvements.
- Send weekly readout for hiring manager to discuss onboarding progress.
- Conduct skills gap analyses to identify areas of improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with all personnel.
- Solid communication and presentation abilities.
- Very self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Ability to manage the full training cycle, including in-person activities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and /or Google applications, with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel/Google sheets.
- Experienced in Salesforce preferred.
- High energy individual with strong work ethic.
- Pro-active autonomous yet comfortable teaming with others on various projects.
- Additional certification in training is a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.