Sales Development Representative
Kapost is a Boulder based start-up that is transforming how B2B and B2C marketers unleash content marketing within their organizations and industries.
We are looking for engaging Sales Development Representatives to join our team. You will have to enjoy working in a start-up environment without egos, love relentless improvement, and have a passion to grow the business. We work with marketers and our mission is to help them drive their top priority - generating revenue opportunities via engaging, thought-provoking, and measurable content.
Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are responsible for identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities for the Account Executive team. The SDR manages the inbound lead activity, qualifying active buying interest and developing opportunity in prospect accounts. The SDR will also coordinate with sales leadership to determine the accounts that require research and prospecting activities to secure a sufficient flow of additional qualified opportunities. An implicit responsibility of the SDR is to conduct business dealings in a way that creates a superior prospect experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up, as well as future product sales.
Successful SDRs will be eligible for promotion to Account Executive after three-twelve months.
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop Target Accounts and inbound leads to create sales-ready leads and opportunities
- Interact with prospects via telephone, email and social channels
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Disseminate opportunities to appropriate AE, educating rep as necessary about the deal.
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Become a trusted resource and develop superior relationships with prospects
- Update lead scoring and prospect interaction in salesforce.com to ensure efficient lead management
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives.
- Provide closed-loop feedback to ensure continuous process optimization
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years experience in a SDR role with a software start-up(s), marketing, and or agencies. In this role, you must be eager to hit the bar and are highly motivated, passionate, and driven by wanting to help marketers improve their business and help guide their buying journey with Kapost.
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up and sales development at multiple executive levels within an organization; familiarity with marketing teams is a huge plus.
- Opportunity qualification and objection handling
- Pre-call planning, Call Structure and Control
- Time and territory management
- Proven track record achieving measurable inside sales goals in an automated sales environment where accurate entry and management of lead data in a CRM system was required
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; team player
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office and Social Tools)
- Sales training and salesforce.com experience a plus
- 4-year College degree required
We are passionate about developing our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.