Sales Development Representative
WHO WE ARE
Maxwell is on a mission to reimagine how mortgage lenders in our $8.5T industry work together with borrowers to buy a home. Based in beautiful Denver, Colorado, Maxwell is a VC-backed startup that empowers lenders by intelligently automating their workflow so the focus isn’t the paperwork, it’s the trust developed from personal relationships.
And we believe that doing well also means doing good: a portion of all of Maxwell’s revenues is dedicated to building homes for those who need them most in Haiti and El Salvador.
We’ll do whatever it takes, wearing multiple hats everyday, to make each other and our customers successful, and to make the world a better place. Come join us as we build a new way to finance a home!
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
Maxwell is growing our Sales Development team to help us manage the ever-growing demand for our platform. The Maxwell SDR role holds an important position at the top of the sales funnel for the entire company. The SDR is often our customer’s first experience with Maxwell so you need to be able to make a great first impression to earn the right to qualify our leads and identify what the appropriate next steps should be. And to answer the question that should be on your mind: Yes, our successful SDRs have a direct promotion path in our sales organization.
The ideal SDR candidate, along with having a track record of top performance and a strong "hunter" mentality, will also have the organizational skills to handle a high lead flow and should have a strong interest in advancing his/her career in sales. You’ll have a significant impact on the growth of our business through lead qualification, opportunity development, new customer acquisition, and interaction with Account Executives and Client Success.
- Drive Maxwell’s revenue growth through outreach emails & phone-calls with a focus on setting demo appointments for the sales team
- Research prospect contact information and best ways to get in touch with them
- Nurture and qualify new leads that turn into quality demo appointments
- Cold call, prospect and pipeline building and opportunity identification
- Educate prospects on Maxwell’s digital mortgage solutions
- Work closely with account executives, marketing, and customer success on various projects that are in support of the entire sales team
- Maintain accurate notes, activity and opportunity data in CRM
HOW YOU'LL KNOW YOU'RE QUALIFIED
- 1+ year prior sales experience (bonus points for prior software/tech sales experience)
- Graduate of a four-year university
- Fearless attitude: Trained in effective opportunity discovery and an ability to speak/sell to prospect pain points
- Self starter: need little guidance and own targets and projects from beginning to end
- Intelligent and articulate, with excellent communication skills both oral and written
- You’re naturally curious - you have a passion for learning new things and understanding what makes our customers successful
- Experience using a CRM like Hubspot or Salesforce, as well as MS Office applications
- Bonus points for knowledge of the mortgage industry
WHAT YOU GET
An opportunity to be a key part of an agile team of thinkers and doers collaborating to help people complete complex financial decisions simply. We offer meaningful equity at an early stage company, a competitive salary, top-tier medical, dental and vision insurance, and flexible work hours and vacation time.
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS
Please keep applications brief; we want succinct resumes with relevant experience. Be prepared to demonstrate your skills. Short but super-personalized cover letters are encouraged.
Principals only, please. We aren't using contingency staffing agencies at the moment. Maxwell is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.