Job Title: Sales Consultant
Location: Denver, CO
Function: Professional Services
Position Type: Regular, Full-time
Position Level: Experienced
Travel: Up to 40%
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly's comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As the Sales Consultant at Xactly Corporation, you'll be responsible for representing Professional Services during the sales cycle for new opportunities within existing and prospective clients. The ideal candidate will work with Xactly customers and will support both sales representatives and solutions consultants in driving Xactly product sales. You'll develop a firm understanding of customer needs, pain points and requirements around the sales compensation process and align Xactly solutions to fulfill the needs and requirements and eliminate the pain. This person will design and deliver detailed and complex Service of Work (SOW) documents and presentations to communicate Xactly's Professional Services implementation proposition to prospective and existing customers
Xactly's Professional Services team is a mix of former consultants, compensation experts and sales professionals. The team comes from a plethora of industries including SaaS, consulting, financial services and management consulting. They're a group of driven, highly motivated, self- starters who have the ability to adapt quickly and thrive in a fluid start-up culture. They are fast learners, turned compensation consultants with the business-savvy to execute complex projects in all client verticals.
THE SKILL SET
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in pre-sales, sales consulting, or business/IT consulting
- Experience working with enterprise level clients and projects
- Experience working in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Should have in-depth knowledge of selling strategies, development of proposals, contracts, close plans and statements of work for professional services.
- Ability to develop executive level relationships. Strong communication and negotiation skills required.
- Knowledge of sales compensation and sales operations is a plus
- Experience with SaaS or cloud technology is a plus
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving skills
- Enjoy working with customers at various levels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-aware, motivated, coachable and poised, able to work seamlessly as part of a team
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Develop a firm understanding of customer needs, pain points and requirements around the sales compensation process and align Xactly solutions to fulfill the needs and requirements and eliminate the pain
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Design and deliver detailed and complex Service of Work (SOW) documents and presentations to communicate Xactly's Professional Services implementation proposition to prospective and existing customers
- Provide domain expertise around Sales Performance Management (SPM), including: variable compensation design/ automation, team performance reporting/analytics, and compensation scenario modeling
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Work closely and communicate often with other Xactly orgs within the sales life cycle
- Develops materials to support services sales activities
- Present Professional Services as a differentiator in the sales cycle
- Conduct scoping sessions to develop project scope, price, and phasing
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Represent Professional Services during the sales cycle for new opportunities within existing and prospective clients.
- Work with Xactly customers and will support both sales representatives and solutions consultants in driving Xactly product sales. This is a vital role in driving Xactly's continued growth!
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Parking & Commuter Benefits
- Up to (3) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
THE XACTLY STORY:
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.