We’re on a mission to uphold all the people who uphold all of us, which is why we help essential professionals, starting with educators, build financial security in or near the communities they serve. We achieve this by showing up with humility, prioritizing the human in every interaction, owning our growth (and helping others do the same), and finding what’s fair for all parties involved, even when it's the hardest thing to do.
Today, we primarily focus on helping educators buy homes. We do this by investing alongside them when they are ready to buy a home. We call this model shared equity down payment support. Here's how it works. The company, founded in 2015 and based in San Francisco, has the backing of: Initialized Capital, Y Combinator, top banking executives, former directors of federal housing authorities, affordable housing policy experts, union organizers, philanthropists, and Stanford economists. Helping great educators become homeowners keeps them in the classroom and improves student outcomes. That's why Landed is financially supported by great organizations like the DRK Foundation and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. Recent news coverage about Landed can be found here.
About the Relationship Manager role
Our team at Landed is growing! We’re excited to be hiring two fantastic Relationship Managers to support our homebuyers in Denver and other regions on both the East and West Coast. You will join an energetic, driven group of humans on the Customer Experience team working together to ensure we provide a fantastic experience to every educator who’s interested in learning more about Landed. This role reports to the Head of Customer Experience and is based in our Denver office.
As a Relationship Manager, you will consistently work to build and strengthen authentic, long-term relationships with all customers in the regions you support. You’ll provide an easy, personalized and education-oriented experience to Landed’s customers as they work with you to determine the right next steps in their homebuying journey. In particular, you’ll deliver stellar and clear communication and an unprecedented level of support that surprises and delights. Above all, you’ll prioritize and advocate for homebuyers in everything you do.
As a Relationship Manager you will...
- Qualify, convert, and nurture relationships with educators through leading 40+ calls (or texts, or emails, or video chats, etc), and converting 25+ customers per week. Prioritize genuinely understanding who our customers are, what their goals are, and how our products/services may be able to help them achieve their goals. At Landed, we focus on what’s best for each individual buyer -- even when the best option may not result in revenue for Landed. We believe that the best way to build a sustainable and customer-focused organization is by doing the right thing for customers, every time.
- Deliver a consistent, high quality customer experience to all current and potential Landed customers. Bring genuine curiosity, positivity, and a resourceful, problem-solving orientation to everybody’s unique situations. Focus on providing clear and helpful information to empower customers to what’s right for them. Do the hard work to be transparent and explain the rationale behind decisions.
- Manage and engage a pipeline of hundreds of customers in your region. Organize, analyze and prioritize who to engage when. You’re constantly thinking about the individual customers you’re working with, and what information or resource can best help them. Collaborate closely with Homebuying Programs Leads to ensure customers are having a stellar experience through every stage of their homebuying process. Once homebuyers become homeowners, you proactively find ways to support them further, which may include letting them know about other opportunities and products at Landed.
- Reach new potential homebuyers in your regions by leveraging customer referrals, partner relationships, community events, and more. You’ll build champions of Landed and you know how to message the mission, purpose, and value of Landed effectively.
- Collaborate with the entire Customer Experience team, Regional Organizers, and the rest of the Landed team to test new ideas to drive better outcomes for customers in your region. When a pilot goes well, support expanding the idea to the whole team; when a pilot doesn’t go well, share your learnings with the team so we can focus on getting better together.
You will bring the following strengths to this role...
- Relationship Management. Success in this role hinges upon the ability to build and manage authentic, trusting working relationships. You’re a fantastic and empathetic listener, who brings an orientation toward partnership and finding ways to add value to all your relationships. Most importantly, you’ll establish and grow meaningful connections with our homebuyers. You’ll build trust and manage sometimes tricky situations that inevitably come up with calm, positivity and deep care for the other humans in the interaction.
- Problem Solving Orientation. You love to solve problems, and are strategic in your approach. You’re skilled at getting to the bottom of an issue, and resourceful in resolving it efficiently -- especially when a customer is depending on you. You’re comfortable in ambiguity and in situations that don’t necessarily have a clear answer. You excel at finding the simplest solution that not only gets the job done, but surprises and delights. You’re always looking for ways for Landed to be doing things better.
- Communication. Working with a diverse group of stakeholders, you’re a natural connector. You thrive at explaining difficult concepts simply. You hear what people say, seek understanding, and listen to what they really mean. You adjust your communication style to meet the unique needs of people, and translate messages among different stakeholders internally and externally.
- Motivated. You are a motivator and encourager. You bring commitment and positivity to support customers through what can be a challenging process. Your positive energy compels people to gravitate towards Landed.
We think you'll be great for this role if...
- A people’s person who’s energized by talking to a large, diverse group of homebuyers every day.
- Bringing previous sales or account management experience.
- A professional with at least 3 years of work experience.
- Your natural mode is to be positive.
- You’re willing and excited to learn from failure, and get right back at it.
- Someone who loves to learn and grow every day.Good-natured and enjoy spending time with a diverse group of people both inside and outside of work.
- Motivated to enroll others in something you believe in.
- Wanting to advocate for and think like a Landed homebuyer.
- Willing and able to support homebuyers across multiple time zones and have some flexibility during evenings for homebuyer communication.
- Excited to work in Landed’s Denver office
We'd be even more excited if you're...
- A fluent Spanish speaker.
- Bringing previous experience in real estate or education.
This role may not be for candidates who are looking for...
- An established position with precedent to follow and a set blueprint to carry out; we need self-starters.
- Easy hours, low risk, slow paced.
- A strategy role without execution.
Here are some more specifics...
- This is a full-time, exempt role based in Denver, CO.
- This total expected compensation for this role is $55,000-$65,000 including base salary and commission; with equity at a high-profile, Series A start-up.
- We offer full health & wellness benefits, including a wealth of other benefits to support your professional growth (example: an annual $10,000 personal/professional development budget). We also encourage and accommodate schedules that take into consideration the diversity of responsibilities and goals our teammates have outside of the office.
- You may travel occasionally (1-2 days every 4-6 weeks) to regions you support as well as Landed HQ for training and retreats.