Portfolio Sales Development Representative
Zen Planner serves over 7,000 businesses in the boutique fitness, yoga, martial arts and affiliate gym space, providing business owners everything needed to run a successful gym, school or studio. Zen Planner was acquired by Daxko in 2017 and our best-in-class software is backed by team of nearly 100 likeminded fitness fanatics, outdoors enthusiasts and techies. Zen Planner has received several recognitions for its incredible culture, including Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work five years in a row, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado and Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, to name a few.
Zen Planner is, first and foremost, a community built around a belief that the boutique fitness industry is one of the strongest drivers for holistic health in our society, and that, if we gather the right people and organize them in the right way, we will be able to accelerate the growth of this industry and amplify it’s impact on our larger society.
One of our best strategies for charging toward this mission is to provide our customers with tools that enable them to focus their time on making people better. We are looking for people who are inspired by this mission and would be excited to tell this story to prospective customers.
The Portfolio Sales Development Representative is responsible for contacting existing Zen Planner software customers and consulting them on our additional product and service offerings, with the objective of scheduling meetings with our Account Executes who ultimately complete the cross-sell.
- Manage a high volume of outbound calls & emails daily to Zen Planner customers
- Set up appointments for the Inside Sales team
- Learn which customer attributes signal a need for our add-on products & services
- Adopt our consultative sales methodology to solve problems for our customers
- Become an expert on our technology, services and our target markets
- Develop a thorough understanding of the value propositions for each of our products or services, and convey them in a way that gets customers excited
- Fail. A lot. Many times, every day. And know that each failure brings you closure to your next success
- Achieve monthly metrics and weekly targets
- Work closely with Sales Development Manager to constantly improve as a sales person
- Collaborate with the team to develop better solutions to our processes
- Adapt to changes in processes - we are always testing new ideas
- 8+ months SDR/BDR experience with a proven track record
- Willingness to make a high volume of phone calls and emails daily
- Ability to manage a sales pipeline
- Efficient in computer and software skills for research, documentation, and information management. CRM experience.
- Confident, enthusiastic phone personality
- Ability to educate prospects in a consultative manner
- Resilient to consistent rejection and dial tones
- Reliable, strong and positive work ethic
- Strong organization and time management skills and ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Passion for fitness or sports: i.e. Crossfit, Personal Training, Athletics, Martial Arts, or Yoga/Pilates
- Prior experience as a fitness instructor, coach, personal trainer
- Prior experience using member management software, CRMs, marketing automation software, Excel
Zen Planner is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.