Director Business Development - Ambulatory
The GHX Director of Business Development, Ambulatory (DBDA) is responsible for selling complex supply chain software solutions into the healthcare provider community. The DBDA’s primary focus is to identify, manage, and close new opportunities to attain quota. This person will work with ambulatory healthcare clients (e.g., ASCs, hospital-based ambulatory practices, etc.) to profitably grow their organization and deliver the highest quality care and experience. This role will be specifically focused on sales growth strategy, business development, and delivering excellent client work.
Successful candidates will have a fundamental understanding of the healthcare industry and the business challenges that ambulatory centers face. They will be able to identify and articulate the pain points of the customer and successfully demonstrate how GHX solutions will provide value to their organizations. Successful candidates will also be able to effectively and professionally navigate organizational dynamics and be able to influence executive and C-suite level decision makers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds territory by scratch through lead generation, prospecting, pipeline development, networking, targeting, and qualification of new opportunities to achieve annual sales quota.
- Develops and implements strategies for selling GHX solutions in the C-suite and V-level to ensure internal buy-in at the highest level.
- Uncovers prospects’ needs through discovery process and develop into ROI that solves business problems for clients.
- Partners with Product Management, Marketing, Customer Operations, and other internal GHX departments to drive overall prospect value and satisfaction.
- Manages sales funnel and progress against quota by ensuring pipeline is at a multiple revenue target level and forecasting accuracy is within an acceptable range as established by GHX guidelines.
- Maintains a fluent understanding of eHealthcare market trends, healthcare supply chain, and competitive activities.
- Partners with assigned Enterprise Sales Executive to transition account after successful project kickoff.
- Tracks and reports sales activities within CRM tool.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrated success selling complex software solutions to decision-makers.
- Strategic mindset and high-level business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, negotiation, and closing skills with demonstrated success at building and sustaining customer relationships.
- Must be self-motivated and results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality interactions to drive business results for the customer and GHX.
- Pipeline and territory management.
- Must be able to collaborate with internal GHX resources to effectively close the sale.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Understands and influences a wide range of customer stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare industry.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Previous healthcare IT sales, healthcare supply chain, and/or clinical experience highly desired.
- Ability to articulate and sell a complete solution vs. specific product features and functions.
- Experience with various ERP systems.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and DealMaker CRM applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline or a combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Healthcare systems, medical, or software solutions sales.
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Healthcare systems, medical or software solutions sales.
- Experience with various ERP systems.
- Selling against competition.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.