Data Account Manager
Through our publishers, Sovrn Holdings reaches over 200 million people every day, generating over 10 billion HTTP requests daily. These requests must be processed in less than 250 milliseconds, and result in several petabytes of data on a monthly basis. The exciting technical problems we solve require a world class team and engineering culture to deliver against our mission.
About the Team
As a member of the Data Services team, you will be on a small but growing team responsible for managing and growing Sovrn’s existing data and linkage clients and for on-boarding new data and linkage clients. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn.
About the job
The Data Account Manager is charged with ongoing management of existing data buyers and identifying new data product expansion opportunities with existing buyers. In this role you will manage the Data buyer accounts current products and identify upsell/cross sell opportunities in the existing book of business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for managing Sovrn’s existing and any new clients that are signed by Data sales team.
- Existing Clients - provide excellent service to existing clients
- Understanding client wants and needs
- Forecasting Revenue
- Work with accounting to ensure clients are paid and they pay sovrn accurately and on time
- Work with sales engineering to audit, inspect and optimize Data customer integrations
- Upsell and Cross sell existing clients
- Client outreach to identify and qualify expansion opportunities
- Enter and manage opportunities in SalesForce CRM
- Close three expansion opportunities each quarter
- Data Product Delivery
- Work with Data Science team to deliver our product
- Deliver client feedback to Data Product
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You are highly coachable while being able to work autonomously. Communication and customer service are your strongest traits. You recognize and act on opportunities to be proactive when supporting clients. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Track record managing existing clients
- Interest or experience in the digital data ecosystem
Nice to have
- Minimum 1 year Account Management experience
- Understanding of cookies, hashed emails, mobile advertising IDs and use cases
- Basic knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Troubleshooting skills to facilitate management and data reporting for customers
- Attention to detail and ability to process information quickly and accurately
- Internet savvy with a strong proficiency in office productivity tools (Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Confluence/JIRA, Salesforce CRM)
- Understand and ability to navigate BI reporting tools such as Tableau, Grafana, and Metamarkets
- Must be able to work and communicate in a concise manner across the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent listening skills and the ability to adjust to the personalities of various partners
- Strong project management, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to multitask with effective resolution management in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Ability to design and articulate solutions for customers challenges
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Must be able to confidently make decisions on behalf of the team for areas of responsibility
This position reports to: VP, Data
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t