Contract Renewal Specialist III
The Contract Renewal Specialist role is responsible for meeting or exceeding sales quota for contract renewal opportunities. This will include identifying and managing renewal opportunities, negotiating complex deals, and securing long-term renewals. The role also includes review, analysis and presentation of contracts, as well as some general account management activities. Our customers are healthcare providers, suppliers, & distributors.
The ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a creative, analytical mind, and adaptability to rapidly changing priorities. Demonstrates an effective history of achieving solid results in a fast- paced, high volume environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Execute against defined renewal methodology to negotiate & secure long-term customer account renewals of complex agreements
- Work with internal resources to develop comprehensive strategies to attain renewals
- Uncovers sales roadblocks and works effectively with internal and external customers to resolve
- Prepare professional, well written quotes and contracts for presentation to customers
- Work cross-functionally with legal team, contracts team, product management, and accounting to ensure internal and external customer timelines are met.
- Review, analyze, interpret and reconcile agreements to maintain accurate data & reporting
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales goals
- Proactively establish and foster productive working relationships with GHX internal business partners including Customer Success, Center of Excellence, Finance & Accounting, Contracting, Sales, and the executive leadership.
- Utilize SalesForce, Gainsight, and Apttus to communicate status of customer health and renewal status
- Act as an escalation point for B2B collection activities
- Identify customer attrition risks, create mitigation plan and engage internal resources as required to successfully mitigate
- Develops and creates reports as required
- Successfully executes on special initiatives or special projects as required
- Commits to continuous improvement and strives to master and maintain knowledge of GHX solutions and services
- Maintains a fluent understanding of healthcare market trends, healthcare supply chain, and competitive activities.
- This role is inclusive of, but not limited to the above responsibilities.
- 10% travel may be required for local employees, up to 30% for remote employees
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills up to and including executive level contacts
- Exceptional people skills to drive results cross-functionally with internal and external customers
- Ability to develop trusting relationships with Executives, Directors, Managers, and Individual Contributors
- Successfully execute on sales plans within the identified methodologies
- Requires outstanding negotiating skills for complex agreements
- Requires ability to review and analyze complex contracts
- Experience with detail research
- Self-motivation and a strong work ethic are essential to success.
- Strong professional ethics and integrity
- Strong organization & task prioritization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented, team environment
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Maintain a positive outlook and a commitment to quality work and outcomes
- Business to Business collections
- Account Reconciliation
- Knowledge of the healthcare supply chain industry
- 3+ years of experience successfully executing on sales plans within the identified methodologies w/ strong focus on negotiating complex agreements
- 3+ years of experience with complex contract review & analysis
- Executive level communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional people skills that enable the ability to work with cross-functional teams and personnel at varying levels both internally and externally
- Strategic relationship building: Executive, Director, Manager, and Individual Contributor
- Strong research background
- MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Outlook
- Proficiency in CRM tools (SalesForce.com strongly preferred)
- Must be local to the Louisville, CO office
- B2B collections experience
- 1+ year of accounts receivable experience
- Healthcare or SAAS experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in CPQ tools (Apptus strongly preferred)