Cloud Sales Engineer
Vendavo powers the shift to digital business for the world’s most demanding B2B companies, unlocking value, growing margin and accelerating revenue. With the Vendavo Commercial Excellence platform, companies develop dynamic customer insights and optimal pricing strategies that maximize margin, boost sales effectiveness and improve customer experience. With an annual margin improvement totaling more than $2.5 billion across companies in chemicals, distribution, high-tech and manufacturing, Vendavo delivers cutting-edge analytics and deep industry expertise that help companies stay one step ahead. As we continue to change the way business gets done, we’re looking for energetic, experienced, and talented professionals to join our team. Our core values of Promises Made, Promises Kept, Results Matter, Easy and Enjoyable, Innovative Wisdom and Celebration of Community help us create a collaborative team mindset and better place to work.
The Technology Sales Engineer (TSE) will be responsible for the following key sales activities: sales overlay in charge of leading Vendavo’s pivot from on premise deployment with one-time implementation services to the Cloud and a recurring subscription model, pre-sales technical subject matter expert focused on selling the value of the Cloud model, initiating and maintaining relationships with potential and/or existing customers (CIO, CFO and CEO) and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of competitors.
As a TSE, you will:
- The TSE will work closely with the regional sales leadership and the Customer Success/Account Executive teams to ensure complete alignment and one single Vendavo sales strategy.
- Will have excellent negotiation and closing skills, ability to deliver a financial ROI justification for migrating to the Vendavo Cloud, knowledge of the competition and ability to differentiate Vendavo’s Cloud offering.
- The Technology Sales Executive will be responsible for driving the growth of Vendavo's Value Added Services such as Upgrades, Application and Technology Managed services.
- Partners with sales activities, with sales leadership and sales resources to answer cloud and security related customer question and concerns.
- Collaborates in selling back to current client base. Coordinates with all key areas within Vendavo in engineering and customer operations.
- Actively engages in overall strategy development and client messaging for Vendavo Cloud services.
- Own the creation of VendavoCloud proposal templates and all technology related sales collateral.
- Participates in sales hand off meetings to ensure smooth transition from contract to implementation.
- Strong experience in selling on-premise to Cloud migrations in existing Customer base.
- Excellent understanding of IT security and Technology infrastructure.
- Provide guidance and expertise for our customers and Sales Executives with in cloud and integrated hosting services by answering questions, sizing, pricing, support, information gathering, articulating financial benefit and being the liaison between product and sales.
- Travel required 25-50% of the time.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in cloud or technical software sales
- 2 years’ experience creating technical proposals
- 2 years’ experience in sales or sales overlay position.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to balance delivering immediate deliverables with long-term technical strategy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate the team.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to show connection between the business requirements and work items.
- Ability to translate large requirements into smaller, yet valuable changes.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong since of accountability, with focus on the results we need to achieve individually and collectively.
- Ability to execute with a sense of urgency through thoughtful planning and disciplined execution.
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Strong attention to detail.
Why you will like working at Vendavo:
- Nothing’s more exciting than working at a dynamic, high potential, and growing organization.
- Working with a team of highly skilled and driven people with a desire to innovate.
- Super collaborative environment, where every opinion matters.
- Our drive to constantly innovate attracts the best and brightest talent.
- Opportunity to make a difference, excel personally and professionally and have fun!
- Full Employee Benefits.
- Great Company Benefits.
- Competitive Salary.
- Flexible working hours.