Channel Sales Engineer
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you'll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for four consecutive years.
Why You Matter
The Channel Sales Engineer assists in crafting Partner on-boarding strategies, documenting and fulfilling training needs, and as appropriate, will influence the customer decision making process across all levels of the business. He/she is known as a technical subject matter expert and acts as a trusted adviser inside the partner. The Channel Sales Engineer works as part of the account team to ensure achievement of the business objectives and revenue targets.
What You'll Do
- Execution of the Carbon Black Channel Program strategies to ensure over-achievement of the their business objectives
- Persuade and influence Channel Partners, ISA/FSA, Advisor, & AM teams to sell Carbon Black products over competing solutions by making Carbon Black the easiest security vendor to do business with and providing a high level of technical competence
- Deliver training to Channel Partners, ISAs, FSA's, SMB Advisors, & Sales Teams
- Work with Marketing and Channel Account Managers to create strategic sales plays that naturally fit into Channel Partners's sales motion
- Highlight the value proposition of selling Carbon Black solutions where they exist and work with Product & Sales Management to create them when they don't
- Effectively manage the volume technical needs of the Channel Partner by delivering a more programmatic, predictable, and scalable technical business model that drives growth
- Drive coordination of technical resources both internally and externally as needed to close prospective opportunities
- Assist in increasing Channel and end-user adoption of Carbon Black products through events and training, seminars, webinars, technical trainings, and other activities as appropriate.
- Create development plans for all partner-based technical resources within territory to enable partner autonomy
- Actively participate in Channel QBR and Partner Plan reviews with Territory team
- Develop and maintain strong contacts and relationships with corporate resources that can assist in driving partner autonomy
- Develop synergies between the partner organization and corporate resources that can support the over-achievement of partner business objectives and initiatives
- Analyze partner's business objectives by asking probing questions that are relevant to partner and prospects markets and industries.
- Attend partner meetings to assess partner capabilities and their customer's satisfaction.
- Track and document partner technical capabilities for inclusion in planning and management
- Identify gaps in partner tactics as they relate to customer requirements to ensure customer satisfaction and provide tools and solutions to address the gaps.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products to enable the capability to effectively address and dispel partner objections to Carbon Black solutions
- Work with the Carbon Black Channel Team and partners to formulate and implement both tactical and strategic sales initiatives within their assigned territory
- Identify and present training that accelerates the development of Partner technical resources
- Conduct on-going meetings with corporate resources to keep current on Carbon Black direction and products
- Demonstrate ability to relate partner business challenges to Carbon Black solutions
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of five years of industry related experience with a minimum of three years of technical sales experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in the aggressive pursuit of regional and national objectives.
- Background in IT and/or Business Consulting
- Excellent customer service/support skills
- Desire and drive
- Good listening skills
- Resilient and Versatile
- Ability to think "out-of-the-box"
- Independent and self-motivated
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to execute and see tasks to conclusion
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- High motivation, high energy level, results-oriented
Critical Success Factors
- Ability to gain the confidence of both Senior Management and Technical Staff of partners
- Build and maintain partner relationships to be significantly leveraged into driving additional Carbon Black business
- Share and maintain a mutual respect and rapport with entire sales organization
- Ability to influence technology decisions with a Carbon Black solution
- Ability to train partners and Carbon Black sales and technical personnel on solutions
- Ability to validate proposed solutions and architectures and create appropriate messaging for Carbon Black sales and technical staff as well as partners
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black's Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, "Streaming Prevention," to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 13 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 3,600 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.