Channel Development Representative
Channel Development Representative
● Responsible for the day-to-day sales support and customer service activities for assigned accounts, territory, or product(s). Focuses on growing and developing new business; proactively calls and engages partners to grow sales for assigned accounts and rebuilding of underpenetrated and neglected relationships with Arrow customers. This position will call on customers; provide product information, and follow-up on quotes to close business for Arrow. Identifies, enables and develops high-potential and non-repeat partners. Determines and understands customers’ requirements for Arrow product offerings and services. Translates products and promotions into benefits for a customer. Provides alternative products and solutions. Serves as a liaison between Arrow’s internal resources (field sales, engineering, supplier marketing, manufacturing facilities, purchasing and other corporate departments), vendor resources and customers. Demonstrates a proactive approach and sense of urgency on our customers’ behalf, anticipates our customers’ requirements and communicates efforts in a timely and effective manner.
● Demand Generation and Customer Opportunity Support: Drives sales growth through new customer rebuilding of underpenetrated and neglected relationships. Focuses on growing and developing new business; proactively calls and engages partners to grow sales for assigned accounts. Identifies, enables and develops high-potential and non-repeat partners. Generates leads and follows-up on leads obtained through suppliers and Arrow internal sources. Qualifies prospects, analyzes sales potential, and then prioritizes high-return opportunities for further attention/investment.
● Leverages Arrow and vendor programs and promotions to progress a transaction through the sales cycle. Manages vendor special pricing programs including; submissions for pricing request and any data or program dependencies, tracking requests for approval, logging of all submissions and results, and notification to the customers of any outstanding or expiring requests. Involves other resources (field, brand, engineering, financing, vendor, etc) to address issues. May use resources such as salesforce.com to accomplish job duties.
●This job profile requires the assignment and participation in a sales compensation plan. A portion of OTE will be variable and tied to specific sales-related goals as set forth by Arrow.
Job complexity may vary among jobs within this job level and will align with one of the job complexities listed below:
(1) Incumbent has knowledge and experience in own discipline and may still be acquiring higher level knowledge and skills. Incumbent builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers, solves a range of straightforward problems, and analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. A moderate level of guidance and direction is provided.
(2) Incumbent has extensive knowledge and experience in own discipline, possesses strong knowledge of the organization, processes and customers, solves a range of complex problems, and analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Limited guidance and direction is provided.
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 year degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing