Business Development Representative
Greater Denver Area
Your mission is to establish Pie as the preeminent brand for commercial insurance among small business owners by identifying, researching, and engaging with new partners to help grow our distribution network.
How You’ll Do It
As our first Business Development Representative at Pie, you will be calling potential partners, setting appointments for our Business Development Managers, and maintaining our partner lead and prospect systems.
The right person has a minimum of six months of sales development experience, technology acumen, and a history of collaborating with and supporting team members. This position is geared toward self-starters who are highly driven individuals. This role is right for those who are not afraid to make cold calls and establish the relationships necessary for generating the partner business.
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in downtown Denver, specifically LoDo within walking distance from Union Station.
Everything we do is connected: we need you to be a strong communicator and a doer. We are a maturing high-growth venture where all hands and minds are needed. We are a welcoming, exciting and innovative organization with immense opportunities for growth. Expect challenges and rapid problem-solving while helping us build something awe-inspiring.
The Right Stuff
- Six (6) months of working experience (especially prospecting experience) is preferred, but not required.
- Identify and research new partners with the potential to create own call lists.
- Call on average 50 outbound new leads to potential partners daily.
- Qualify prospects through a series of questions to understand their business needs.
- Schedule and set-up meetings between potential partners and our Business Development Managers.
- Update and maintain accurate records in Salesforce or other CRM.
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren't here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description