Business Development Representative
Who are we?
We are Documoto, a Denver-based software company with a vision to help equipment manufacturers, their network, and their equipment owners “Keep the World’s Machines Working”. It’s a big vision for a huge market.
Our flagship product is an industry-leading SaaS solution that helps our customers drive real innovation in their aftermarket. With Documoto, our customers can author parts catalogs and related technical content, securely distribute that content over the web to any device in a variety of languages, and find and order the rights parts and products the first time, every time. Our customers are found throughout the globe and range from small manufacturers to some of the world’s largest machinery companies and transit organizations.
What are we looking for?
Title: Business Development Representative (BDR)
Compensation: Market salary plus commission, commensurate with experience
Reports To: Sales Director
We are looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to act as the liaison between our prospective customers and our Sales team. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience meeting your sales quota by developing leads from inbound marketing campaigns and outbound prospecting efforts. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
Who are you?
We are looking for a passionate, results-driven, self-starter that is ready to make an enormous positive impact to the success of our high-growth software company. You will have the freedom to bring innovation to how we refine our sales outreach and scale our business.
You are a hunter who thrives in finding new clients and opportunities, eager to yield strong results. You love the challenge of driving sales leads for the company. You are a creative thinker, confident and able to express ideas in an articulate, thoughtful manner. You are great on the phone and communicate effectively via email. Bringing value to your clients is not just a passion for you, it’s in your DNA. You are committed to exceeding expectations and being one of the best in a fast-paced, start-up environment. Innovation and start-up culture are in your blood. You are looking for that big opportunity to move into selling enterprise software as part of an exciting software venture with a compelling product.
Importantly, you exemplify our core principles of transparency, honesty, clarity, accountability, and safety.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Generate sales leads. Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
- Find accounts to target via your Account Executives, Inbound Leads, CRM, Hoovers, Trade Shows and LinkedIn
- Understand our target personas and deliver messaging that will resonate with their particular role.
- Find appropriate contacts within the target accounts to prospect. Prospect those contacts with a blend of phone calls, emails, LinkedIn and other platforms. Document activities, update accounts and enter notes into our CRM, Salesforce.com
- We are heavily focused on bringing value to our clients, so you will need to find a balance between researching your prospect to bring real value and hitting your minimum number of sales activities that are expected to be performed each day.
- Lead the initial Qualification Call. Deliver Documoto’s value proposition to your clients. Schedule a follow up meeting and demos for your Account Executives.
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Report to the Sales Director on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results. Be open to coaching for continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the sales team to accelerate sales cycle and to extend reach into target accounts.
- Work side by side with your allies in Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Services to ensure we’re positioning the right product for the right customers.
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- 1 to 3 years of work experience as a Business Development Representative (BDR), Sales Development Representative (SDR), Inside Sales or another similar role.
- Track record of making high-volume outbound sales calls and achieving sales quotas.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations.
- Ability to connect with people using telephone, email and social.
- Team player who is fun, energetic and coachable.
- A positive, self-starter attitude and desire to exceed expectations at every opportunity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong selling skills
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce).
- Some experience in selling software or a technology product/service.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Excellent time management and prioritization.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skill.
- Experience in business development for a SaaS company is a plus.
- Experience prospecting to manufacturers is a plus.
- BDRs are often the first ones on the scene, the first face or voice of the company’s brand. It’s imperative that you represent Documoto with professionalism, tact and integrity.
- Energy and Self-Drive – You know how to hustle and keep your spirits high in a challenging role. Strong work ethic and drive for results.
- Bring your A game every day. Be the best version of yourself.
- Get excited. Your enthusiasm about our solution is infectious.
- Organization and Efficiency. You’ve got your act together, can get things done and will drive results.
- Exceptional Communication Skills - Ability to effectively interact with senior management, prospects, customers, and other business stakeholders. Strong ability to resolve conflicts constructively; a great attitude.
Why join Documoto?
We’re a venture-backed early stage growth company that has recently undergone a financial and operational transformation to position us for significant growth. We provide a unique combination of a real, viable business – a proven business model and market, a passionate and talented core team, stable financials, and happy, paying customers – with the execution model, equity structure, and growth opportunities of a startup.
We’re now ready for our next chapter. We’ve learned a lot over the past several years working with the world’s leading equipment manufacturers and fleet owners. We’ve taken that knowledge and distilled it into a plan to build the most transformative and advanced aftermarket solution in the industry. With our house in order and a clear vision of where we want to go, all we need is you! We’re looking for some great people that share our passion and want to work alongside us to make it happen.
We’re in Englewood, CO, south of downtown Denver. We are steps away from light rail and bus service, in Englewood’s City Center. Excellent benefits include flexible work hours, work from home, health, medical, disability, discounted gym membership, and flexible PTO to accommodate a great work life-balance. We’re dog friendly, we have regular game lunches, monthly happy hours, and we see the occasional movie or concert together.
Documoto welcomes candidates looking to relocate to Colorado.