Business Development Representative
Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to over 4,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Granicus products connect more than 185 million people, creating a powerful network to enhance citizen engagement. By optimizing decision-making processes, Granicus strives to help government see better outcomes and a greater impact for the citizens they serve.
Due to Granicus' continued growth, we are expanding our Business Development group and would love to have you come be a part of an energetic & fun sales organization starting July 10th!
The Business Development Representative is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, and generating new sales opportunities to help support the Federal and State and Local Sales teams. They will partner with Sales Executives to set up sales meetings and opportunities with key decision makers in the government. The majority of these opportunities will be generated through qualifying inbound marketing leads via phone, email, and other means of communication.
This role is for a highly-motivated, ambitious, and results driven individual. The position will help to develop the skills and business acumen needed to become a top-tier sales professional and build a successful career.
What You Get To Do:
- Develop new business via telephone and mass communication such as email and social media to educate the prospect, introduce our solution, and identify appropriate buyers within the target market
- Follow up on inbound marketing leads through a strategic touch plan to generate additional interest in Granicus and qualify for a potential opportunity
- Conduct research to identify potential opportunities and understand challenges facing government agencies today
- Conduct initial qualification and determine prospect's current environment, pain points, challenges, and potential projects to determine how Granicus' solutions will speak to their needs
- Identify key buying influencers within these prospects to determine budget and timeline
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel
- Work with the key sales drivers to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals
- Use Salesforce to track all sales activities properly and manage contact/lead data for accuracy
- Analyze sales pipeline reports and dashboards
Skills & Requirements
What We Need In You:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, or related field highly preferred
- Relevant work and/or internship experience in Sales
- Public Sector experience preferred
- 1+ year of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity goals
- A proven track record of building strong client relationships
- Excellent phone and social media communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM Software preferred
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.