Business Development Representative (entry-level software sales)
It’s an exciting time in commercial real estate and we’re at the forefront of a market that’s just beginning to accelerate technology change. Apto is focused on connecting the commercial real estate industry. We’re doing it by building a remarkable platform (cloud-based CRM, deal management, and back office) and we’re highly focused on our customer and employee success.
Apto was also recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the 2016 Top 50 workplaces nationwide and was designated a Best Place to Work in Denver by the Denver Business Journal and twice by Outside Magazine. Come help us bring commercial real estate out of the dark ages with an award-winning team.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative that is specifically interested in a career in sales. You will generate new business opportunities by following proven processes to prospect into business accounts. You will learn how to identify and research lists of companies to target, and how to develop email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Focus on identifying new sales opportunities to build the sales pipeline
- Research prospective organizations in specific market segments
- Work closely with one of our Senior Account Executives to develop a geographic region
- Identify decision-makers and influencers in your designated region
- Contact (via email and phone) those prospects and engage in conversations designed to discover sales opportunities
- Gain commitment from prospect to attend an initial call
- Conduct high-level conversations with senior Brokers about their business and their operations
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects to ensure constancy in meeting monthly goals
- Leverage Salesforce.com to increase the pipeline for specific geographic territories and sectors
What you need to apply:
- A commanding desire to learn and succeed in a startup SAAS environment
- Recent college grads or 0 to 2 years work experience (this is an entry level position)
- The ability to write crisp emails and a great phone demeanor
- Disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals and achieving success
- Experience in any of the following commercial property sectors is a plus: Office, Industrial, Retail/Restaurant or Multifamily
What you’ll get in return:
- The first step in building a successful software sales career
- The opportunity to work for a fun, quickly growing, well-capitalized startup
- Competitive base salary + Uncapped Commission
- Flex Time
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Regular company-provided lunches and team events
Apto does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.