US Contractor - Sr Project Manager
The Sr. Project Manager will analyze business processes and participate in the definition, documentation, automating, testing, training, implementation, and support of these processes. The successful candidate will have the initiative and thoroughness to support multiple projects, the professionalism to effectively collaborate with, and influence, multiple stakeholders as well as the creativity and tenacity to drive activities to completion.
The successful candidate will have the initiative and thoroughness to support multiple projects, the professionalism to effectively collaborate with and influence multiple stakeholders, as well as the creativity and tenacity to drive activities to completion. They will be expected to uncover and document interdependencies across all component projects and bring together independent execution plans in a single, sequenced view.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Strategy and Governance
- Ensure project results have an articulated scope with quantifiable business benefit.
- Connect project messaging and reporting to strategic business initiatives.
- Represent the project at project governance and inter-department forums.
- Align projects to project methodology compliance standards set by the enterprise.
Business Relationship Management
- Develop communication plans and interfaces to actively engage business partners.
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in briefing stakeholders on assigned initiatives.
- Provide accurate forecasts of performance to relevant business stakeholders.
- Communicate project and program progress to key constituents.
Project and Program Delivery
- Assess and work to resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered.
- Define and contribute to the creation of project plans for projects, portfolio, and product prioritization and implementation.
- Manage all aspects of the project life cycle, and work with team members to oversee all phases of project completion.
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage scope to ensure agreed time, cost, and quality parameters are met.
- Solid working knowledge of project management principles, to include proficient use of project management tools and software.
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to see beyond the smaller details and focus on the business outcomes.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to express complex technical concepts in understandable terms.
- Strong collaborative, teamwork, and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of constituents, both inside and outside of the company.
- Excellent analytical (business/systems) and problem solving skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to understand and clearly document complex business rules and logic.
- Strong team leadership skills
- Ability to influence, motivate, and mobilize teams and business partners.
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability.
- Excellent task management, organization, and team collaboration skills.
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Sound business and technology acumen.
- Proficient with Project and Portfolio Management Tools. (Visio, MS Project, Atlassian Suite - Confluence, Jira, etc.)
- Familiar with PMI or PRINCE2 or equivalent methodology
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative)
- PMP Certification
- CSM Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and a minimum of 8 – 10 years’ relevant work experience. MBA a definite plus.
- 3 – 5 years’ Agile Scrum Master experience, working in an Agile software development environment.
- 7 –10 years’ proven Software Project Management experience.
- Occasional travel to EU may be required
- Ability to shift working hours as directed by Manager, PMO (6:30 AM start 2x per week)
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.