Test Consultant Specialist
This Test Consultant Specialist is responsible for the scheduling, mentoring and directing Test Consultants within a team. You will also be responsible for reviewing and approving Test Consultants work, such as test case review, defect reviews. You will also be responsible for defect management and reporting progress and issues to project management. You will also be responsible for providing direction and input into both manual testing and automated testing approaches. Where required by the project, you may also be responsible for the review of Module Definitions or Design Specifications. You will work alongside business consultants and partnering with other internal teams. Where required by the project, you may also be responsible for supporting delivery of software at customer premises. Your time will be split between customer specific test planning and execution and product specific planning and execution to support our deliverable to the customer.
Essential Job Functions
- Creates/modifies test objectives, test scripts, test scenarios, test cases and test data ; performs the reviews of test scripts, test scenarios, test cases and test data
- Writes and executes test scripts/harness and record results
- Integrate enhancements to test scripts while maintaining consistency of performance expectations
- Review Module Definitions or Design Specifications and create test scripts and test data
- Attend walk-throughs of new functionality
- Regularly consults the architects on behalf of the team to ensure and maintain technical integrity of the project
- Manage/Guide Test Consultants regarding approach and scheduling of work
- Reporting / Defect Management
- Mentors less experienced staff and consults with peers
- Enhances testing environment by directing and developing custom testing tools and automated procedures
- Clearly understands and communicates client requirements internally
- Adheres to CSG software development standards and procedures
- Travel, after/off hours and extended on-site work may be required. May also be required to be on call during non-standard work hours.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Information Technology; Computer Science, Engineering or Business (with major in Computing) or 5+ years related work experience in Software Development
- ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) qualification(s) or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in a Team Lead position mentoring junior team members
- Experience in reporting progress, issues and risks to various stake holders with in a project
- Experience in leading different test activities/teams (Automated testing, Manual testing , Integration testing, etc…) Examples of these experiences would be a plus
- Experience in developing and executing test plans and scripts
- Experience in creating, modifying, maintaining and executing an automation framework
- Experience in planning, managing and executing system integration activities
- Experience with multi-user, complex software applications
- Ability to cultivate effective working relationships with internal teams and customers
- Experience with Agile Software development methodologies
- Knowledge of Telecoms Industry preferred (not essential)
- Knowledge of BSS solutions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic understanding of client requirements and CSG software product solutions.
- Able to gain basic understanding of client requirements from documentation.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence and Zephyr.
- Knowledge of test automation and of automation frameworks and tools.
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies (Agile and Waterfall).
- Experience testing Angular, HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of Git, Jenkins, Maven and IDE (e.g Intellij, Eclipse).
- Uses structured techniques to solve fundamental problems within one’s own work.
- Works well within a team environment and with remote teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to effectively convey and clarify complex information.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment.
- Programming Skills & Technology Requirements:
- Ability to travel internationally when required
- Ability to work independently knowing when to request assistance, escalating challenges or guidance from senior members of the team
- Ability to coordinate completion of tasks assigned within time frame given