Technical Project Manager
Provides overall project management responsibility for SaaS based BSS solutions – AWS and Hybrid Cloud Solutions. Also, take ownership for the estimation, sizing and planning of activities with clients using the Ascendon product. This is a hands-on technical project management role that would benefit from experience in BSS solution delivery and managing technical teams in an agile working environment to deliver SaaS solutions in an integrated BSS framework.
- Provides overall leadership to entire project team, including overseeing other functional team leaders
- Typical scope – Project(s) or component(s) of a larger project
- Communicates with internal/external clients to determine specific requirements and expectations; manage client expectations as an indicator of quality, perform timely escalations
- Creates and manages the estimates, project plan, project schedule, resource allocation and expenses to ensure targets are reached
- Works with the relevant RM’s for project staffing and resource releases
- Follows the project life cycle methodology defined under the process framework
- Responsible for maintaining positive and ongoing relationships with clients
- Takes on project supervisory responsibility and provides mentorship and coaching to an entire project team
- Ensures that customer deadlines are met within project budgets
- Plans and integrates the work of multiple teams on a project
- Provides line management function and provide input on team performance and reward
- Identifies issues and risks in a timely manner and develops/implements appropriate mitigation and contingency plans
- Reports project status in a timely and accurate manner
The Project Manager plays a key role in working with clients to recommend and design solutions that integrates Ascendon with the clients existing IT infrastructure. This role is key in working with Service Delivery, Product, R&D and clients in designing and delivering architectures that deal with complex mix of operating models including on premise, hosted, private cloud, multiple public clouds etc. Needs to work with the client as well as core Ascendon teams and professional services teams in customizing solutions for individual client needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business or equivalent education/experience required.
- Minimum 10 years’ project management experience in delivering enterprise IT Architecture solutions
- Experience of managing projects in multiple Infrastructure delivery solutions – On-Premise, Hosted, Private Cloud, Multiple Public Clouds, Hybrid Models, etc.
- Experience in Multiple industries including Telecom, cable and media
- Experience in implementing technologically complex projects.
- Technical project management experience
- Agile methodologies experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or Telecommunications
- Minimum 10 years of IT/Telecommunications industry experience
- Minimum 10 years project management experience in managing large implementation/software development projects
- Knowledge and experience in agile methodology would be an added advantage
- In-depth understanding of customer needs and general impact of changes in business environment and industry trends. In-depth understanding of client’s industry (wireline, wireless, data services, cable systems, pre/post-paid business models etc.)
- Project management certification preferred
- An ability to understand and anticipate the client’s needs and provide consultancy as required
- Specialized project management skills in order to plan, monitor and track projects to meet the target KPIs
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills to identify and diagnose complex problems
- Requires team leadership skills
- Solid team leadership skills to exchange ideas and create a common understanding of project work from conception through issue resolution.
- Expert level communication and presentation skills to influence and gain cooperation both with customer and internally. Ability to interact comfortably with senior management and to convey information at the appropriate level.
- Ability to speak, write and understand English.
- Ability to prioritize effectively within and across one or more assignments through good judgement, seeking guidance where appropriate.
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence senior technical and business resources.
- Ability to deal credibly with and influence Sales.
- Ability and willingness to contribute to on-going process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to travel domestic and international for extended duration onsite based on requirements of the project.
- Non-standard work hours may be required and the ability to be on-call.
- Accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG’s core competencies and values.