About KG Lewis
KG Lewis is built on 16 successful years of helping businesses of all kinds navigate change, challenge, and transformation. Our consultants are pros in agile project delivery, program offices, post-M&A integration, and a wide range of technology disciplines. When our customers can’t afford to fail, we’re at our best.
Cultural impact. Business impact. Career impact. What unites our diverse team of professionals is a passion for constant learning, solving problems, transforming businesses, and making the world a better place inside and outside the office. If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
KG Lewis offers a great benefits package as well as a culture that supports continuous learning and career development. We offer all of our employees access to industry-leading training platforms and technology-focused research tools to help them personally and professionally in their careers.
KG Lewis is seeking a System Analyst who will be responsible for capturing detailed technical requirements and documentation. This role will work with system users to track additional requirements and features and the Project Manager to offer suggestions for future solutions. The System Analyst will work with the core project team to perform an analysis and make recommendations for future solutions. A portion of this engagement will be part time and will require some travel for necessary gathering of data.
- Examine and evaluate current point solution
- Identify system requirements
- Work with system users to track additional requirements and features
- Document interfaces between new/legacy systems and network requirements
- Document the current network topology for the point solution
- Document any impacts a system upgrade may have or a network upgrade might have
- Capture detailed technical requirements including server security settings and account permissions
- Review existing technical documentation
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Create as-is architecture diagrams
- Create a list of server names, operating systems, database versions, application versions
- Identify any firewall holes or third-party remote access
- Work with Project Manager to procure copies of vendor contracts
- Offer suggestions for future solutions to the Project Manager, Technical Sponsor, and Architect
- Build relationships with project teams
- Performs other duties as required
- Some travel required
- Must have proven work experience (3-5 years) as a system analyst
- Must have hands on experience with software development and documentation
- Solid knowledge of business information systems
- Familiarity with programming languages like Visual Basic, C++ and Java
- Familiarity with networking (routers, switches, firewalls etc.)
- Ability to explain technical details
- Excellent analytical skills
- A good problem-solving attitude
- Bachelor's degree
- Technical writing experience preferred
- Experience with requirements gathering and documentation
- Must have strong organizational skills and possess high attention to detail
- Ability to successfully interact and sustain working relationships with stakeholders, sponsors, and technical team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to write and produce clear and concise written reports with attention to grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Ability to present information in a professional, formal setting.
KG Lewis is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. It is KG Lewis’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for non-U.S. citizens.