Sr. Scrum Master
About the Job
As a Sr. Scrum Master, you will coach and facilitate the Scrum process for our Exchange team. This is an opportunity to promote agile best practices and transform into a high performing team that will deliver valuable products for our customers. The Sr. Scrum Master is integral to the success of this team.
About the Team
We are a small autonomous team that delivers functionality to help our customers monetize their advertising real estate. Collaborative and passionate about our work, we are defining and implementing our next generation stack that is key to our success.
What you’ll be doing:
- Facilitate team-level Agile ceremonies such as Daily Stand-ups, Retrospectives, and Sprint Planning.
- Manage cross-team dependencies for product delivery to ensure a timely release of complete features.
- Removing impediments and isolating root cause of problems and aid in resolutions.
- Coaching, supporting, and initiating continuous improvement within our culture.
- Work with the Product Management team and hold them responsible for maintaining a well-refined backlog.
- Drive collaboration between Product and Engineering.
- Be the oil that keeps the engine of delivery running smoothly.
You are a master communicator, catalyst of collaboration, and driver of delivery. You are engaging and possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster great collaboration with teams. You will roll up your sleeves to support the team to ensure objects are achieved.
The successful candidate will have:
- 4+ years of Scrum Master experience leading an Agile Software Development team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate and motivate teams toward a common goal.
- Passion and drive to help team improve and deliver great products.
- Actively listening and respect for others opinions and ideas.
- You are technical enough to understand the product and what the team is doing.
- A hunger to learn and ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Experience with diverse set of management practices (Scrum, Lean, DevOps, Kanban, Waterfall).
- Familiarity organizing and running product inceptions
- Scrum Master Certification
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
Position Reports to: Sr. Director, Engineering
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t.