Sr Project Manager
This position typically utilizes management skills more than technical skills and must possess the ability to coordinate multiple project work streams to achieve customer deliverables. Serves as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of organizational initiatives.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the program and related projects through partnership, coordination and communication between technology, support and business functions.
- Serves as the primary point of contact with key global strategic stakeholders.
- Understands the business fundamentals, with the ability to interface with Senior Management on assigned programs and projects.
- Creates and manages implementation plans, tasks, deadlines, dependencies.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with stakeholders.
- Coordinates and facilitates communications with executives, management and across teams.
- Identifies and schedules program and project deliverables, milestones and required tasks, providing early visibility to schedules/milestones that are at risk.
- Builds detailed project plans and schedules for initiatives across all processes, independently managing day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale projects.
- Directs and coordinates activities for personnel to ensure programs progress on schedule.
- Maintains an overall program level risk and issue log. Facilitates risk mitigation and issue resolution across functional owners and key stakeholders.
- Identifies and facilitates opportunities for process improvement.
- May assign and review the work of others on the team.
- Confronts issues openly and quickly.
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information.
- Supervise Project Management staff.
- PMP Certification
- Experience managing complex, multi-threaded programs.
- Experience managing global teams.
- Experience with diverse software technologies a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 – 10 years’ professional work experience, with 5 years of prior management experience related to healthcare, healthcare supply chain and ERP implementation and integration.
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to see beyond the smaller details and focuses on the business outcomes.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to express complex technical concepts in understandable terms.
- Strong collaborative, teamwork, and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of constituents, both inside and outside of the company, and globally.
- Experience working with global development teams and global stakeholder groups.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, listening) and able to produce high quality documentation.
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability.
- Advance knowledge of project management methods and processes and a demonstrated ability to lead and drive programs and projects to successful completion.
- Proven experience managing key customer relationships and projects.
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.
- Superior ability to multi-task.
- Advanced MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project and MS PowerPoint.
- Proven time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- As work is non-standard and varied, requires strong analytical ability to solve problems and make decisions based on limited precedents or guidelines.
- High technical aptitude.
- Ability to adapt to and deal with ambiguous situations, driving toward clarity.
- Ability to work in a team environment yet is self-directed, proactive, and action-oriented.
- Excellent conflict management skills and ability to partner with other organizations to be successful and resolve issues.
- Strong knowledge of software, hardware and networking information technologies, with direct experience and expertise in IT.
- Solid understanding of the SDLC.
- Ability to lead people, business process and business objectives.
- Comfortable managing the line between technology and business.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise sound judgment in complex situations and function independently with initiative, creativity and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and diagnose project performance problems and execute effective corrective actions.
- Independently driven learning ability with a talent for absorbing and integrating feedback provided by subordinates, peers and managers.
- Ability to travel in the continental US and internationally up to 10%
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.