Senior Technical Program Manager
Guild is hiring a Sr. Technical Program Manager. As the Sr. Technical Program Manager you will play a pivotal role in scaling the organization and further developing our technology delivery capabilities and best practices.
In particular, we are looking for someone who is exceptional at managing internal and external stakeholders, can provide technical expertise, and is not afraid to “wade in ambiguity” to help drive partnership delivery at Guild.
As Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will:
- Work closely with engineering managers, technical leads and product managers to drive project planning and execution of complex enterprise software implementation projects
- Drive technical partner conversations and serve as Guild’s technical representative in client discussions
- Own and manage technical scoping and program management for our existing and new partnership needs
- Ensure projects are well-planned, executed efficiently, and delivered with high quality
- Lead technical quarterly business review with partners including driving QBR content, strategy, and insights for partners
- Participate in individual scrum planning meetings as needed across the product organization
- Identify significant risks and unknowns, and define and drive resolution plans.
- Lead cross team dependencies, and coordinate cross-team initiatives and blocking issues
- Track and ensure release criteria are met to meet our partners needs
- Drive information sharing, and collecting and disseminating of standard methodologies across all technical program management teams
In this role you will report to Bijal Shah and collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Jess Rusin, Amanda Lubin, and Terrence Cummings.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years in software development organization, with at least 3 years in direct technical project or program management
- Experience handling complex software projects and applying agile methodologies
- Significant client management and communication experience
- A demonstrated ability to help teams define clear deliverables and meet them
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical experience.
- Strong technical background and ability to understand complex product functionality, design and technical issues, in order to drive the right priorities, trade-offs and resolutions
- Experience as a software developer a plus
- Very well organized with project information, attention to detail, and exacting quality standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially as it relates to understanding and translating expectations across multiple parties
- Ability to lead and multi-task across multiple projects and teams
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!).