Scaled Agile, Inc. is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility.
Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 280,000 trained professionals, Scaled Agile helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Scaled Agile is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
Overview of position:
Scaled Agile is seeking multiple Scrum Masters for leadership positions on our business teams. We are looking for candidates who aspire to be true servant leaders and facilitators who can help our teams achieve their productivity and teamwork objectives and eliminate impediments to velocity and growth.
What you will do:
- Exhibit Lean-Agile leadership. Exhibit the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile mindset. Support and embrace SAFe Core Values, SAFe Principles, and SAFe practices.
- Facilitate the team’s progress. Help the team achieve in areas including quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. Help the team focus on daily and Iteration Goals in the context of current PI Objectives.
- Coordinate and help execute marketing and release management related activities.
- Lead the team’s efforts in relentless improvement. Help the team improve and take responsibility for their actions. Facilitate team meetings, including Iteration Planning, Team Review, Retrospective and the all-important PI Planning activities.
- Support the Product Owner and facilitate a healthy intra-team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Eliminate impediments. Many blocking issues may be beyond the team’s authority or will require support from other teams. The Scrum Master will actively address these issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the iteration.
- Promote SAFe quality practices. SAFe provides guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done; the Scrum Master helps foster the culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile Teams.
- Build a high-performing team. Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Help the team manage intrapersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalate people problems to management where necessary, but only after internal processes have failed to achieve the objective. Help individuals and teams through personnel changes.
- Communicate with management and outside stakeholders. Help protect the team from uncontrolled injection of work.
- Help coordinate inter-team cooperation and helps the team operate as an effective “team on the SAI train.”
- Coordinate with other teams. The Scrum Master is typically the representative in the Scrum of Scrums meeting, and passes information from that meeting back to the team.
- Facilitate preparation and readiness for ART ceremonies. Assist the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt workshop.
Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor, Master’s degree or equivalent
- Deep knowledge and experience in Agile practices and principles
- Certified Scrum Master and/or certified SAFe Scrum Master, SAFe Advanced Scrum Master
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- SAFe SPC
- Conflict resolution skills
- Proven, advanced facilitation skills
- Knowledge of organizational change management, team building and organizational design and growth
Where you’ll be working:
This position is located in our corporate headquarters and learning center in Boulder, CO.
Why Scaled Agile?
We are a growing organization with a proven revenue model and the global market leader in software and systems development knowledgeware.
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on agile methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and systems, and create real value for their enterprise and their users.. We're profitable, we're agile and we’re pretty fun, most of the time.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of Scaled Agile, Inc. we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume and a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. (We still read cover letters).