Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Proposal Manager facilitates the preparation of high quality, professional business proposals in response to major opportunities managing bids and proposals from customer’s initial interest to the handover of the awarded project to the execution team. The Proposal Manager acts as the project manager and single point of contact - working with sales, product and all other corporate groups - to provide co-ordination of proposals, and to manage the bidding process from initial RFx receipt until bid submission. This is a highly networked role that requires your ability to work under pressure, to meet challenging deadlines, and to apply strong people management and commercial skills.
- Work with Account Managers, product, and various Company teams to analyze and breakdown the RFx requirements released by carriers and enterprise customers.
- Schedule and run bid kick-off meetings, assign responsibilities to the team members, and follow up to ensure they’re complete.
- Develop and manage team to strict timelines, escalate if needed to attain appropriate response materials, design the proposal, and oversee final production.
- Ensure company goals and strategies are understood and imbedded in RFx responses.
- Overall ownership of the proposal including drafting, editing, and reviewing the RFP for thoroughness, messaging logic, accuracy, quality, effective design, and layout per company standards.
- Preparation of material for executive approvals for price and key decisions.
- Work with sales to participate in the post-bid clarification, lessons learned.
- Manage multiple RFxs and aidg in the overall administration of the bid management process.
- Coach sales teams and other stakeholders in proposal best practices
- Maintain accurate records of each proposal for detailed reporting.
- Support responses to customer questionnaires and compliance documents as needed.
- Be an excellent communicator. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship-building skills. Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office expertise (strong knowledge of Word), Visio, Google Suite (Docs & Sheets) and PDF readers such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong knowledge and experience with writing, editing, printing, binding, and page layout.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly detail oriented
- Flexible, pro-active, self-motivated
- Able to work in a high stress environment, manage multiple projects with short deadlines.
- Knowledge of data telecommunications services would be a strong asset.
- Relevant Education and/or Work Experience
- BA or BS
- 2-3 years’ experience in bids and proposals, technical writing, or technical sales of telecommunications/IT field
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave