newmedia is looking for a Project Manager to join its rapidly growing WordPress division! A funded startup since August 2015 and backed by an agency with 20 years of experience, NEWMEDIA.com is bringing the high-end agency experience to small and medium-sized businesses, organizations, and anyone else wanting to make a bigger impact on the web while not breaking the bank.
Project Managers at newmedia are responsible for managing multiple client projects across multiple production teams within our highly optimized systems and processes. Project Managers are key players in ensuring that projects are successfully completed given the constraints of timeline, budget, personnel, and materials. Ultimately, we want every engagement to be a win-win for the company and the client, and the Project Manager’s performance will directly impact that goal.
We're located in beautiful and sunny downtown Denver, Colorado—one of technology’s new hotspots in the United States. Denver is a quality-of-life destination: People strive to live here for the myriad ways they may pursue a healthy lifestyle, which includes abundant outdoor activities (we average 300 sunny days a year). Denver also boasts great housing options, low unemployment, and decent commute times.
newmedia is notable for its 20-year track record of providing full-service website design and development that is smart, user-friendly, and cutting-edge. We are a leader in a competitive industry with two start-ups—RiotLabs and DRUD—integrated within our mother company. Our work environment is friendly but hard working; we have the stability of our longtime successes with a fun, start-up vibe. What makes newmedia special is its PEOPLE.
Currently experiencing exponential growth, we strive for and earn a significant portion of the $23 billion-a-year market for our services and we attract significant interest from both new clients and investors. We are a growing team of 50 fantastic people and projected to hit 100 by early 2017. As much as we have accomplished, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what we have planned. To get there—and to continue our pace of success and growth—we need to have the best and the smartest designers, developers and program managers joining our team. Ping pong skills are optional but highly recommended; on-the-job training is available.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of dozens of projects while working with our growing team of web developers and support personnel.
- Working closely with other members of the Management Team (e.g. Director of Business Development, Director of Technology, Technical Project Architect, etc.) to determine and implement best practices and processes for development strategy.
- Create and execute project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed to complete individual tasks and assign responsibilities in conjunction with other key members of teams.
- Conduct frequent check-ins with clients and internal stakeholders to communicate progress, demonstrate the operations of web products and collect feedback where appropriate.
- Ensure requirements documents are complete, current and stored appropriately; participate in their creation where necessary.
- Manage project budget, monitor for overages, and advise client and internal stakeholders on impending budgetary events.
- Ensure that members of the team are tracking their time (when/where appropriate), updating their tickets, and creating, storing, and updating any relevant documentation.
- Utilize coworkers and support personnel including but not limited to, Project Coordinator(s) to communicate effectively with clients to resolve concerns and identify alternative solutions.
- Continually seek out opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Develop lasting relationships with clients that foster close ties.
- Challenge others to develop their professional and technical talents while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Inspire confidence in others to attain goals, pursue excellence and behave in a professional manner.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, make constructive suggestions for change, and positively contribute to the culture of the Company.
- Working closely with other team leads (e.g. UI/UX Lead) and/or other members of the Management Team (e.g. Director of Operations) to determine and implement software needs as required by evolving process strategy.
Teamwork and Resource Management
- Effectively utilize team members to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivate team members to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Mitigate conflict and communication problems by interceding when necessary.
- Conduct regular employee feedback sessions with Director of Business Development and other members of Management team, when appropriate.
- 3+ years experience in the role of a project manager, ideally leading a team of 3 or more individuals over 3 or more concurrent projects.
- 1+ year(s) experience working in an agency environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task and balance the needs of multiple concurrent projects is a must.
- Account management experience including billing/invoicing
- Adept at forecasting project timelines and resources.
- Knowledgeable on leading software project management and document sharing tools, such as JIRA, Basecamp, and Google Apps.
- Basic WordPress CMS experience, including user, content, taxonomy, and menu management.
- Basic Web knowledge, including SEO, responsive web design, etc.
- Flexible vacation/time-off.
- Competitive salaries and performance-based raises.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Open, collaborative environment in LoDo, steps away from Union Station.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Conference and career development allowance.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid parking.