NEWMEDIA is looking for a Project Coordinator who is engaged, eager, smart, organized people-person who can manage multiple tasks at once, follow direction, handle complex things with aplomb, keep calm under pressure, communicate effectively between the client and members of the team, and have good client service/client management skills.
We're located in beautiful and sunny downtown Denver, Colorado—one of technology’s new hotspots in the United States. Denver is a quality-of-life destination: People strive to live here for the myriad ways they may pursue a healthy lifestyle, which includes abundant outdoor activities (we average 300 sunny days a year). Denver also boasts great housing options, low unemployment, and decent commute times.
NEWMEDIA is notable for its 20-year track record of providing full-service website design and development that is smart, user-friendly, and cutting-edge. Our work environment is friendly but hardworking; we have the stability of our longtime successes with a fun, start-up vibe. What makes NEWMEDIA special is its PEOPLE.
Currently experiencing exponential growth, we strive for and earn a significant portion of the $23 billion-a-year market for our services and we attract significant interest from both new clients and investors. We are a growing team of 50 fantastic people and projected to hit 100 by early 2017. As much as we have accomplished, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what we have planned. To get there—and to continue our pace of success and growth—we need to have the best and the smartest designers, developers, and project managers, and project coordinators joining our team. Ping pong skills are optional but highly recommended; on-the-job training is available.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all client communications are responded to effectively and efficiently by the appropriate resource and within company defined time windows.
- Scheduling and coordinating all meetings between the client and the production team.
- Continually seek out opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Develop lasting relationships with clients that foster close ties.
- As much as possible and when/where appropriate, offload as much of the communication tasks from the project manager and production teams.
- Be proactive and stay ahead of the client, anticipating next questions and requests before they happen.
- Ensuring all project management and client communication systems are kept orderly and up to date.
Teamwork and Resource Management
- Be proactive and stay ahead of the needs of the team.
- Serve as a backup to a project manager if/when not available.
- Balance the need to keep the production team in the loop without over-communicating and distracting them from current priorities.
- 1+ year(s) experience working in an agency environment.
- 1+ year(s) experience working in a customer service facing role.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Punctuality and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and balance the needs of multiple concurrent projects.
- Adept at forecasting project timelines and resources.
- Ability to take and summarize meeting notes on the fly while participating in the conversation.
- Knowledgeable on leading software project management and document sharing tools, such as Jira, Basecamp, and Google Apps.
- Basic Wordpress CMS experience, including user, content, taxonomy, and menu management.
- Basic Web knowledge, including SEO, responsive web design, etc.
- Flexible vacation/time-off.
- Competitive salaries and performance-based raises.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Open, collaborative environment in LoDo, steps away from Union Station.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Conference and career development allowance.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid parking.
Read Full Job Description