Operations Project Manager - International Business
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking a passionate, energetic and flexible individual to join our International Business Unit as an Operations Project Manager. The DISH International Business team is responsible for the strategy, content acquisition, business development and marketing across both DISH and Sling platforms. For more than 15 years, DISH has been the pioneer in International Content for U.S. ethnic markets including Hindi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, Brazilian, Polish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and many others.
The Operations Project Manager will be responsible for managing the implementation of International team’s various projects and business initiatives. This would require working with business units internally and externally to define business requirements, develop the scope of work, coordinate a timely completion of the project development and implementation, provide analysis, and justify prioritizing all initiatives.
A successful candidate should be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment, taking the initiative, building relationships with key stakeholders from different levels within the organization and working to find creative solutions as needed.
- Lead the planning of all new projects, gather and define project scope including business requirements, and develop the project plan and the project schedule
- Work with stakeholders to identify the proper project teams and structure
- Work with other teams internally and externally to monitor project progress by employing appropriate metrics and management reporting
- Coordinate and participate in regular prioritization and progress feedback sessions with the business
- Cultivate strong cross-functional relationships in order to successfully promote the International business initiatives
- QA and beta test projects to assure the correct execution of the projects
- Design, evaluate and consistently suggest improvements to the existing business processes and solutions
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA is a plus
- At least 3 years of project management experience required
- Experience managing large-scale, cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a high capacity to multi-task and handle tight deadlines on a daily basis
- Strong verbal and written English communications skills; must be able to clearly and effectively communicate complex concepts to a large and varying audience
- Ability to influence and collaborate across various functional groups including sales, marketing, finance, programming, and legal.
- Attention to details and ability to work with numbers and financial data