IQC Access Planner
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The IQC Access Planner is responsible for optimizing leased access circuits, network fiber and facilities infrastructure. This position is also responsible for forecasting and reporting against financial targets and project goals. The successful planner is required to collaborate with internal departments such as Engineering, ISP, and OSP on new deployment projects as well as get involved with network escalations due to maintenance issues. Canadian government security clearance a plus.
- Identification of network related expenses that can be reduced or eliminated in addition to planning and managing circuit grooming projects.
- Develop city/market plans for network capacity planning and optimization opportunity.
- Participate with ILEC/CLEC vendor management as it pertains to developing and managing SLA/NDAs and performance reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or other related financial or technical fields, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on complex, innovative projects /networks.
- Knowledge of Type II / Off-net ordering systems and processed with multiple vendors including CLEC’s & ILEC’s.
- Experience in Access Planning, Circuit Design, or Billing Reconciliation
- Data reconciliation through database access and reporting.
- Vendor billing reconciliation and dispute identification.
- Experience in cost/benefit analysis, and ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Familiarity with SONET, DS3/DS1, Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks.
- Experience in defining capacity planning requirements.
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical, judgment and decision-making skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively; ability to multi-task.
- High energy individual with a strong work ethic who is self-motivated.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave