Enterprise Business Solution Architect
Global Service Delivery
The Enterprise Business Solution Architect leverages deep industry knowledge to partner with our clients to understand their challenges and opportunities and then frame creative business, technical, and operating solutions to drive business transformation. The Enterprise Business Solution Architect challenges the customer to rethink, redesign, and implement fundamental changes to the business, technology and operating models that will reduce expenses, maximize value, and place the company on a new strategic path to win in their market. The Enterprise Business Solution Architect will be instrumental in driving unified multi-product CSG solutions for our clients.
Essential Job Functions
Deliver new insights to the customer to help them with enhancing their customers’ experience, modernize their technology architecture and lower their costs.
- Consult with the Client Business and Strategic Solution Unit teams to provide enterprise-wide solution expertise that integrates business and technology to move the customer’s business forward while solving for their most challenging and complex business challenges.
- Leverage deep industry and best practice knowledge in: business trends and optimization, reference architectures, and model companies to facilitate collaborative business process and solution architecture discussions with our customer’s business and IT executives.
- Track economic and industry trends, as well as competitive threats and understand their implications on customer business.
- Advise and educate customer on which of our product and solution portfolio will provide the best comprehensive solution to match the business need.
- Work with Client, CBU and SSU to architect the right comprehensive solution(s).
- Support CBU and SSU teams identifying, developing and positioning larger, more strategic opportunities.
Tailor the pursuit strategy and solution for each customer to maximize our value proposition to the customer.
- Collaborate with the Client Business Executive (CBE)/Sales Director on developing a clear and winnable strategy that challenges conventional modes of thinking and approaches to problems.
- Identify business model innovation and business process re-design/optimization based on customer’s business needs and that can be solved through our product and solution portfolio, as well as partner services and offerings.
- Collaborate with the Client Business Executive (CBE)/Sales Director to develop and execute an integrated, multi-faceted strategic account plan that provides the customer with concise facts about their business concern(s) and that presents the implications of various alternatives.
- Collaborate with the CBE and Pre-sales to develop and present pursuit plan in a manner that is compelling, engaging and relevant to senior leadership and customers.
- Lead the SSUs involvement in the pursuit by being the “voice of customer” from a technical perspective. Review the SSUs overall approach, architecture, and technology. Ensure the solutions are fit for purpose, aligned with the customers strategic business priorities, and are deliverable within an acceptable risk envelope. Ensure the SSUs develop effective risk mitigation strategies.
Design and create the winning deal content that result in successful deal closure. Expertly compile correct information in a fast and cost- effective manner that includes formatted content and winning proposals.
Keep ahead of emerging trends anticipating business impact to incorporate into solution portfolios.
Advise CBU and SSU teams on enterprise technology solutions and how to identify larger, more complex opportunities. Provide guidance on how to position and package compelling deals.
This job requires domestic and/or international travel up to 50% of the time. More than 50% travel may be required some of the time.
Desired Experience, Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 10 years of telecommunications industry experience in OSS/BSS and consulting.
- In-depth experience with the definition and maintenance of complex business and technical roadmaps and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong Management Consulting & leadership skills. Able to lead customer engagements at an executive level.
- In-depth knowledge of complex enterprise technology solutions including enterprise service bus, API integrations, mediation, billing and payment systems.
- Expertise in the development and transformation of architectures in the context of large enterprises, primarily at the logical level, although technical architecture skills will also be beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience with agile development methodologies and principles.
- Solid understanding of billing, marketing, retail and customer care systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, facilitation and negotiation skills with the ability to influence and lead adhoc and cross-functional teams.
- Previous experience interacting with C-level execs at large companies is desired.
- 7-10 years Big 5 advisory services experience is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences. Able to apply modern techniques like design thinking and storytelling to help create alignment with a sense of urgency across the enterprise.
- Successful track record of developing new business and quota attainment in a consulting role supporting large to mid-size enterprises with demonstrated experience to identify, qualify, and prioritize prospects while leveraging industry and technical subject-matter-expertise.
- Ability to liaise between the customer/prospect and the technical teams and translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment with an understanding of business and decision processes in different geographic regions.
- Ability to use a personal computer. Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment.