Director of Project Origination
We have an amazing opportunity for an energetic, charismatic, and channel partner-focused force-multiplier to join our fast-growing startup. Like the rest of us, this person will wear many hats; you will work closely with our founders, partners, customers, and investors. Your role, broadly speaking, will be to solve problems and push renewable energy forward. Specifically, you will be tasked with ensuring that our project pipeline is robust enough to meet investor demand, now and in to the future. Your day-to-day will change day to day, but will be centered around working with our national network of solar installers and developers, educating them on who Wunder is, what our financing products are, and how to work with Wunder to the best effect. Once a new partnership has been established, you'll be charged with strengthening that relationship and working closely with their team to provide financing options for their commercial-scale solar projects in development.
If you get excited about unlocking the last untapped solar market segment, working on million-dollar deals every week, building an organization aimed at saving the world, and ensuring that all of the details needed to make all of that happen are covered, this is the role for you.
- A Strong Foundation - You have 4+ years of channel partner management experience, ideally within solar or renewable energy. Bonus points if you have worked within project or structured finance!
- Account Management DNA - You’re well aware of the persistence and care that is needed to turn a lead into a high-value client, and you’re always excited by the challenge.
- You Can Talk the Talk and Walk the Walk - You love hopping on the phone, sending emails, attending industry conferences, developing relationships, digging into the details, and hitting aggressive targets.
- Superior Written and Oral Communication Skills
- A No-Task-Is-Too-Small Attitude - Wunder is a small, scrappy financial technology company, but we close big deals and make a big impact. A lot needs to get done in the process, and there's no room for ego here.
- You have a Team Ethos - You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re not just excited to work cross- functionally, you demand it.
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder - The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard - In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
Wunder was founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the proliferation of solar energy. Members of our team have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in private equity, developed innovative energy infrastructure solutions for the Department of Energy, and built digital products that are used and loved by millions of people. Now, we’re saving the world.
Our office is a unique hybrid of engineering, design, and business development. Although our backgrounds and responsibilities vary wildly, we’re a tight-knit bunch that loves cross-pollination! And while our mission is big, we try to keep things light. We provide a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! You’ll find us hustling on the job while also cycling, hiking, boarding, skiing, camping, and having late-night dinner parties all over our mile-high home; Boulder, CO.
Our employees enjoy full benefits, unlimited vacation time, a competitive salary, stock options, and one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world.
SOME BENEFITS TO LOOK FORWARD TO
- - One of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world!
- - A big, bright, convenient, modern and very funky office located in Downtown Boulder
- - Flexible work schedule and availability to work from Denver
- - Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
- - Health, dental, vision benefits, and matching 401K
- - Unlimited PTO and equity