Director of Professional Services
EMS Software is searching for a Director, Professional Services. The successful candidate will provide leadership and business development for EMS consulting and project implementation work. The position requires a person who models the behaviors that result in quality outcomes for clients and works to develop the skills and confidence of the Professional Services team members. This position will also work collaboratively with other Professional Services department leaders including other Directors and the VP, Professional Services to achieve company success. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining the client needs, developing a proposal to meet those needs, as well as overseeing the implementation of the complete project solution. The Director will perform in both a people management capacity and a technical leadership capacity.
- Manage a portion of the implementation service delivery team providing management and oversight of platform implementation. Supervise and support Professional Services team members responsible for implementation delivery including Implementation Consultants, Senior Implementation Consultants, and Senior Technical Engineers
- Offer successful programs and processes to optimize customer satisfaction and retention to new and existing customers
- Analyze projects and recommend opportunities to increase revenue or reduce costs.
- Assign appropriate resources to projects to deliver implementations on time, within budget, and insure customer success
- Collaborate with Sales and Sales Operations to complete project estimates, compose statements of work, and other documents or tasks as needed to shorten/close the sales cycle.
- Responsible for team management including hiring, training, performance management and career engagement
- Partner with the Sales team and assist in project pre-qualification and scoping to ensure that high quality deals are sold that will lead to customer success. Evaluate the roadmap for a customer’s long-term vision, to identify solutions for each client's unique needs.
- Partner with Customer Experience and Product team to evaluate customer journey, customer satisfaction, and product road map to increase customer success and retention
- Develop strong relationships with key customers and partners including planning input, support, and participation in annual users conference
- Maintain reporting on utilization, revenue, team capacity, volume of project work, and outlook to advise strategic direction of department with Vice President of Professional Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration) or equivalent work experience with implementing software technology
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated management and leadership experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- Experience with all phases of a client software implementation lifecycle, including initial needs analysis, project administration, software installation, onsite training, systems troubleshooting, and ongoing account management
- Strong operational management, project management and communication/presentation skills required
- Ability to translate customer business requirements into business solutions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workflow to meet deadlines. Ability to adapt to change and proactively take charge of tasks and priorities is required.
- Willing, able and eligible to travel domestically and internationally 25% of the time
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills to lead collaboration across functions throughout the organization
EMS Software is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status. We are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce, supporting integrity in the workplace and an entrepreneurial atmosphere.