Director, Engineering Program Management
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations. The SolidFire team has delivered, and continues to develop, an Enterprise-Scale Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) product based on SolidFire’s proven all-flash storage technology.
NetApp is seeking a Director of Technical Engineering Program Management with a solid background in product development, preferably software. This role would report directly to the VP of Engineering.
In this position you will play an instrumental role in driving software and hardware product to market while leading and managing a complex set of Lean-Agile transformation initiatives that are critical for successful transformation of the Organization.
You will be responsible for defining engineering program goals, spanning the planning, execution and monitoring of such goals. This is a great opportunity to lead in a high-powered team delivering an industry changing product within an extremely high growth sector of the tech industry.
· Build schedules and drive engineering programs in collaboration with business partners on schedule and quality.
· Assess development program risks and communicate changes to appropriate stakeholders.
· Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
· Serve as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders; represent the project in various project governance and inter-department forums and publishes periodic project status reports
· Recommend strategies and lead transformational projects to drive efficiency through SAFe implementation.
· Coach functional teams on new ways of doing business and influence them for a sustainable shift in behaviors and mindsets
· 7+ years of experience in product development and program management in a high growth, fast paced software engineering environment
· 4+ years as a senior manager or director managing and driving agile teams and transformation
· Lead software engineering projects from concepts to delivery
· Strong aptitude for, and experience working with, large and complex teams building enterprise level software and hardware products.
· Strong understanding of engineering principles and practices.
· Excellent knowledge of product lifecycle, tools, processes, and operations planning.
· Ability to contribute and lead in a project team environment, optimizing functional and project goals
· Planning, scheduling, and milestone-oriented
· Demonstrated understanding of the full software development life cycle
· Established reputation for building peer like relationships with leaders in a large, complex organization, and being able to communicate and influence groups with highly developed communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to build momentum for change and carrying the team across the finish line.
· Working knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a plus
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field, MBA preferred