Construction Procurement Manager
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Construction Procurement Manager
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As the Construction Procurement Manager, you will deliver savings to the Prologis General Contractor (GC) and vendor selection process while enhancing the quality and completeness of new construction project costs through leadership of strategic sourcing activities. You will work closely with Prologis Construction and Development Managers to standardize and enhance the process for procuring construction vendors and enhance value-generating competition between quality vendors. This position will report directly to the CPO with supplemental reporting to the Head of Construction & Development US & Canada.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Delivering construction impact in North America, in collaboration with Construction and Deployment teams, to develop and implement sourcing strategies for general contractors, subcontractors, and other vendors to optimize Prologis’s total cost of ownership year-over-year
- Support Construction and Deployment teams with end-to-end process to select and manage GC’s for new construction and development for the Americas (RFP production, bidding documentation, contract reviews, analysis of bids, and price and schedule negotiation)
- Supporting driving competition through a rigorous and standardized bidding and negotiation process, led by Construction and Deployment teams; providing analytics and insights for value opportunities and recommendations for vendor selection.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with critical contractors, and managing the vendor prequalification process to expand the pool of quality vendors for Prologis
- Creating opportunities for collaboration and value-engineering through strategic management of relationships with partner GCs, subcontractors and other vendors.
- Remain current with market trends through relationships with vendors and market research and expertise
- Enhancing vendor quality, safety record, and construction results through instituting criteria for vendor evaluation; developing and maintaining vendor scorecards; monitoring contract compliance, customer satisfaction, and solving operational issues with GC’s (e.g., quality, delivery and service issues)
- Establishing key performance measures and cost insights for each spend category (e.g., total expense, unit costs, value chain economics) to enable Prologis to gain deeper insight and greater transparency into its construction cost base
- Quantify and track savings delivered to Prologis on the project, region, and national levels, and communicate performance to senior leaders
- Identifying/defining sourcing best-practices both within and external to Prologis and working with key stakeholders to ensure that those best practices are widely adopted by Prologis’ groups, segments and subsidiaries
- Providing assistance to Prologis’ acquisition strategies by completing the due diligence (including assessment of synergies) and integration activities for the spend categories
- Maintaining a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as any internal policies (e.g. code of ethics) or procedures to ensure that the behavior exhibited by the organization is honest, ethical and professional
Tell us if you're ready.
- Experience in end-to-end sourcing of General Contractors, subcontractors and construction vendors for large-scale construction projects mandatory
- Successful, multi-year (10+ years preferred) track record of purchasing, contracting, negotiation and developing strategic relationships in construction, with demonstrated ability to drive impact and work collaboratively with other business functions
- BA required with MBA preferred; other graduate degree potentially acceptable
- Exceptional knowledge of construction market and regional nuances to contractor, labor and materials markets
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills – able to construct/execute multiple complex analyses (e.g., TCO, NPV; cost-price analyses) simultaneously
- Good planning/project management skills – able to develop comprehensive workable issue sets in complex situations
- Strong negotiating skills
- Quick study – able to gain a fact-based understanding of current supplier base, supplier economics and major trends in relevant markets
- Superior communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead change management in a region
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.