Business Sourcing Partner
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By modernizing storage through data management, customers can upgrade infrastructure to bring modern data services to existing applications. Only NetApp can help organizations free the resources necessary to fund transformation by deploying the industry’s leading flash storage solution, which is highly efficient and scalable in both data center and cloud environments.
As a Business Sourcing Partner, you are part of the Global Indirect Procurement team responsible for strategic sourcing of goods, and services for your designated business units and categories. You will serve as the primary business interface between your business unit customers and the Global Indirect Procurement including the Category and Sourcing Managers as well as the tactical team. You will work with your designated business unit customers and the Indirect Procurement team to manage sourcing demand and customer requirements for your designated business units. You will focus on working with your assigned business unit to understand their mid and long-term delivery strategy and sourcing requirements to be able to translate those into a sourcing strategy aligned with the category strategy. You will be supporting the Category Managers in developing category strategies for complex indirect spend categories under your area of responsibility. To be successful, you will need indirect sourcing, category management and project management skills, strong relationship management and collaboration skills, strong leadership, people management, communications and facilitation skills and be seen as a trusted partner and advisor to the business units you support. You will be also responsible to execute strategic project with high visibility or importance for the organization end to end.
In particular skills related to the indirect Technology categories including but not limited to IT Hardware, Software and Technical Services across all business lines are required.
- Strong leadership and change management skills
- Strong people management skills (as applicable)
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and monitoring processes
- Significant prior experience in all elements of sourcing and category management for indirect services, including professional services and business process outsourcing.
- Ability to develop and analyze business cases, spend analytics, and financial models
- Ability to translate data into convincing information
- General technical knowledge of indirect spend categories
- Experience conducting strategic sourcing for indirect spend categories
- Strong Project Management skills with the ability to lead and prioritize activities
- Strong Collaboration and Interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication and influencing skills (both internally with customers, and the supplier community,)
- Proven negotiations skills
- Ability to collaborate and partner with designated business unit customers and the Service Provider team
- Ability to manage the Service Provider indirectly – managing by influence as opposed to positional authority, with the ability to focus on the “what”, not the “how”
- Knowledge of productivity and service level measures and methodologies
- Excellent sourcing skills in setting up and execution end to end of strategic projects incl. contract negotiations
- Experience in using eSourcing tools including eRFx, reverse auctions, project management tools, and contract management tools.
- This position is responsible for managing many tasks for multiple large groups, a department or departments, globally across NetApp
- This position will also manage the day-to-day relationship with the tactical indirect procurement team using social strengths to listen, respond, and assert effectively to influence change
- The focus of this role is on creating and influencing global account and category strategies within assigned business units
- The potential impact of decisions made by this individual has significant operational or financial impact
- This individual will apply in-depth knowledge to solve broad issues that are complex in scope, and establish medium to long- range plans
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within and outside of their function and organization, globally across regions, as well as Service Provider employees
- Leads category, sourcing strategy and demand planning discussions, using group facilitation strengths and experience
- Utilizes people skills and available people manager tools to critically impact the growth of an individual within the company and career
- This individual must demonstrate favorable results through providing leadership to the function
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
An MBA/Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree required, or equivalent experience.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, critical projects is required
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.