The Contractor - Technical Product Manager (TPM) partners with the Product Managers, Market Managers and other internal stakeholders to gain a thorough understanding of the market and consumer needs to help drive the product roadmap from idea to concept and pro-typing through development and delivery. This role requires gathering product feedback, prioritizing work and ensuring alignment. The successful candidate will create detailed product requirements and work closely with the Development/Domain teams on a regular basis to track progress, build and deliver the product.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and contributes to the product vision and roadmap
- Partners with Product Managers and the Market Managers to understand and set the correct customer expectations regarding product/solution delivery.
- Supports business cases to assess the relative benefits of product enhancements or new products
- Serves as the internal representation for voice of the customer on new or already existing products
- Functions as the Product Owner in the agile development process
- Works cross-functionally with the GHX product management and domain teams to translate market needs into well-defined, clear, and concise user stories. Specifies scope and requirements as well as define acceptance criteria for those features
- Collaborates with Development/Domain teams to prioritize development items to align with the product roadmap
- Acts as a liaison between the delivery team and business groups by communicating product and business vision, translating market needs into clear, well defined user stories.
- Works with the domain team to specify and scope and prioritize features, as well as define acceptance criteria for those features.
- Manages and develops product backlog, as well as user stories backlog for implementation
- Works with Product Management to determine ongoing priorities and business values for functionality and stories.
- Works with Product Managers to develop high-level requirements for functionality.
- Coordinates alignment of development, testing, infrastructure, support and implementation teams for successful introduction of products to market.
- Manages releases to ensure delivery, coordinating milestones across teams
- Tracks and reports on product status to ensure delivery dates are met
- Monitors product performance and proactively identifies opportunities for product improvements
- Identifies risks, issues, and problems and escalates as appropriate, proposing mitigation plans to overcome obstacles
- Coordinates with Product Management and the Market Managers to support analysis of profitability and competitive gaps
- Serves as a subject matter expert within the organization for support escalations and organizational education
- Builds and maintains relationships across the organizations, with teams and individuals
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline/experience, or a combination of education and related work experience
- 2+ years in a technical product management/Product Owner role within an agile environment
- Experience working within an Agile methodology and demonstrated ability to effectively operate within an Agile team environment
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work well with others and resolve any conflicts that may arise between different viewpoints
- Ability to assess risks, dependencies, and identify mitigation strategies
- Sound project management skills, with well-developed organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player
- Skilled in leading meetings, setting agendas, driving decisions, and negotiating