Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
Technical Product Analyst
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled Technical Product Analyst to join the Data Products team. The ideal person to fill this role should be someone who is constantly asking “why?”; someone loves digging into details, even if the “digging” involves an ugly spreadsheet with many pivot tables or writing a multi-join SQL query. He/she should be intimately comfortable with working with large datasets and should have a knack for understanding business processes and how raw data can ultimately be the key driver to solving problems and generating ROI.
The Data Products team is responsible for ensuring that candidate data is relevant, accurate, and at the right volume and quality for our diverse set of clients in the recruiting industry. The Technical Product Analyst will focus on understanding how to report on candidate data effectively in order to maintain and create new opportunities for business value. The Technical Product Analyst will work alongside Product Managers, Data Analysts, Data Science, and Engineering to spearhead business process recommendations and provide ongoing reporting.
• Evaluate existing business processes, uncover areas of improvement, and develop and implement reporting solutions as they relate to the Data Products portfolio.
• Provide timely reporting insights on existing data to help furnish an understanding of current state of candidate supply and data quality
• Create new insights to help address essential business questions
• Identify new opportunities for product differentiation based on data insights
• Establish data-driven methods for effectively understanding and improving upon data quality and accuracy
• Partner with business stakeholders to set clear KPIs
• Analyze new 3rd party data providers to determine value add to existing datasets
• Become a subject matter expert on business rules as they relate to our Simility integration; coming up with ways to further utilize this provider to maximize candidate quality
What are we requiring for this role?
• A Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in business analysis or a related field
• Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
• Experience working with a diverse set of business stakeholder groups where constant collaboration and clear communication is paramount
• Proven experience building analytics and insights that drive business value
• The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
• Advanced technical skills, specifically in any of the following: Python for Data Analysis and SQL (a must), noSQL, knowledge of utilizing ODATA and RestFUL APIs for data analysis, Tableau, R, Oracle, Adobe Analytics, Elastic Search, SOLR; and/or the ability to quickly get up to speed on new analytics environments
• Experience working with APIs, integration and evaluation tools
• Familiarity with Agile and Product Management concepts a plus
• Excellent documentation skills
• A track record of following through on commitments.
• Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
• A history of leading and supporting successful projects