Technical API Consultant
What we do:
Recognized as one the Top 100 Tech Companies by Builtin.com and over 4.4-star review on Glassdoor, SambaSafety® is the pioneer of driver risk management software in North America. Trusted by over 2 million subscribed drivers; thousands of businesses look to Sambasafety to provide the most powerful, advanced, intuitive, and impactful risk solution platform on the market. SambaSafety is growing at an incredible rate with high employee engagement. It’s an exciting time to be at Samba. Now is the right time to join our high performing culture. We hope to see you here!
What we want:
- Be a trusted subject matter expert in with a technical emphasis on API development and integration, database management, and customer navigation.
- Spend appropriate time speaking with customer and internal engineering resources to understand their needs around the API
- Interacting with internal stakeholders including product management, technical support, and sales teams
- Gather customer requirements, partner requirements, and general market needs and translate them into product requirements. Know when to deliver the exact thing that is requested and when there's a better but less obvious path.
- Develop standards, practices, tools and automation to continue to migrate applications to AWS efficiently and securely.
- Generate detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows and use cases.
- Participate in Strategy Sessions and make yourself available to answer questions, provide feedback, clarification, and guidance.
- Understand our customers pains and their vision, while guaranteeing they are educated and excited about our product
- Conduct and manage customer feedback sessions regarding API technology, implementations, and delivery
- Communicate with customers on issues, including periodic reports and daily overviews.
- Conduct and manage customer feedback sessions.
- Excellent communicator in person, on the phone, via email, etc.
- Demonstrates initiative, good organizational skills, attention to detail, and sound business judgment.
- Strategize cross functionally with product managers, sales, UX and engineering.
- Engineering teams consisting of Product Owners/Engineering Team Leads, Fullstack and UI engineers and more to effectively communicate the requirements for the major feature areas you will be owning.
- QA to devise test plans and ensure the highest quality delivery of your features.
- Marketing on the messaging, positioning, value and benefits of the features you are bringing to market.
- Sales to help market, brand and sell your features and the overall SaaS platform.
- Leadership and Executive Leadership Teams to align your product vision and strategy to company objectives.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-7+ years of relevant product management, product owner, or software development experience in an agile software environment
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, time-compressed and dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and practical experience with Agile development methodologies and Product Owner role.
- Technologies required:
- REST/SOAP HTTP Protocol
- API Testing Tool
- Editor Familiarity