Sr. Product Manager
About the job
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll spearhead the delivery of best-in-class SaaS business applications. You’ll develop inspiring product visions, and turn those visions into strategic actions that align with company goals. You’ll focus on UX design, and on what constitutes a great user experience—then you’ll work with teams across Sovrn to research, build, and execute products that influence the entire publishing industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving the vision, strategy, design and execution of new subscription-based software products that solve important business problems for publishers
- Leading product discovery alongside design and engineering teams to create and test prototypes
- Using your knowledge to minimize the risk of investment in new opportunities
- Interviewing key stakeholders about product initiatives, then understanding, prioritizing, and managing those initiatives
- Leading agile ceremonies to ensure the engineering team delivers products that meet or exceed expectations
- Researching market conditions and industry leadership to ensure that product strategy both predicts and takes advantage of emerging trends
- Collaborating with marketing teams to position and message new products for go-to-market efforts
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You anticipate problems before they happen, and you have a backup solution. You’re comfortable working with and managing multidisciplinary teams across multidisciplinary projects. Above all, you’re open to learning, and you’re not afraid to take out the trash.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of product management experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technically relevant field
- Skill at taking nebulous business ideas and translating them into detailed product plans
- Demonstrable success in “starting-up” products with zero revenue, and developing business models to fuel growth and financial success
- The ability to persuade diverse stakeholders, and the confidence to stand behind your convictions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience analyzing data and turning insights into action
Good to have:
- A passion for helping content creators do more of what they love (creating) and less of what they don’t (operating their businesses)
- A background in UX design
- A background in consumer-facing analytics products
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t