Software Product Owner
NetApp is the data authority for the hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations.
About the Role
As a Product Owner on our team, you will work as part of a truly innovative, fun, and growing team responsible for developing and advancing our Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) product. You will focus on new product development and enhancements to existing products. If you are dedicated to creative problem solving and getting things done, you may be just the person we’re looking for!
What will you do:
- Prepare and Participate in PI Planning - you will be heavily involved in program backlog refinement and updating the team backlog accordingly. You will define stories and provide the clarifications necessary to assist the team with their story estimates.
- Iteration Execution - you will maintain the team backlog (stories, defects, enablers) on an ongoing basis with input from System Architect, Product Managers, and other stakeholders. You will also do the prep work required for Iteration Planning. You will also participate in the development of story acceptance criteria, draft them when feasible, and provide examples so that you can use those to accept stories.
- Understand enabler work – you will need to understand the scope of the upcoming enabler work and to collaborate with System and Solution Architect to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the critical technological infrastructures that will host the new business functionality.
- Participate in team demo and retrospective – you will review and accept stories after team demo and participate in the Iteration Retrospective.
- Program Execution - you will coordinate dependencies with other POs at Program Level.
- Inspect and Adapt - you will define and implement improvement stories that will increase the velocity and quality of the program. You will also lead the PI system demo and represent your team.
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people.
- 3-5 years of software development experience.
- A degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Agile frameworks like SAFe and experience with continuous integration.
- Understanding of fullstack development environments
- Experience building system level products in industries like storage, networking, virtualization, security, telecommunications or database systems.
You might also have:
- Experience with SaaS and cloud-based infrastructure and platform services
- Software Architecture experience
- Background in defining high performing backend services
- Experience working with technologies like Python and Angular
- Knowledge of common web services protocol (HTTPS/JSON/REST)
- Understanding of tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible and/or Terraform
What You'll Love about Us
- Our Culture: It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
- Our Location: We have a beautiful Boulder office, with amazing Flatiron views, on the vibrant downtown Pearl Street.
- Health Benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.