Product Planning Manager - HCI
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data
The Product Manager/Analyst will report directly to the VP of Product Management running product planning operations for the NetApp HCI and Solidfire AFA product line. This role will work closely with the Product Management team and across all functions to develop and drive the portfolio product plans including market and industry analysis, product forecast, identifying and measuring metrics and goals, and driving the cross-functional collaboration process.
This is a strategic role that will work across Product Operations and all cross-functional teams to identify, implement, and manage effective communication and product readiness. This role will drive key influence for Product Management and Development with a strong voice into our sales, marketing, support, and supply chain teams to drive interaction and consensus. This leadership role is key in managing the business metrics, plans, and communication for NetApp SolidFire and HCI products.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Setup and management of a strong collaborative process for Product Management and the entire Product Operations organization to drive communication and key program deliverables
- Work with the Product Management and Development organization to define the business goals including topline and profitability goals
- Drive metrics and regular reporting to senior leadership
- Work with cross-functional teams on product plans, metrics, and management systems including leading corrective actions and needed work streams
- Identify tools or capabilities needed to increase speed of information and communication across the organization
- Understand the storage and hyperconverged industry and competitive environment
- 5+ years of experience in product development, support, or management
- Experience in storage and data management software industry
- Experience building and running financial models and goals
- Experience driving projects with demonstrable outcomes and tracking
- Experience working with and influencing cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship building and negotiating skills.
- A Bachelor of Arts of Science Degree is required, or equivalent experience
- MBA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, extremely complex technical projects.
What You'll Love About Us:
- Our Culture: It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
- Our Location: We have a beautiful Boulder office, with amazing Flatiron views, on the vibrant downtown Pearl Street.
- Health Benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
At NetApp, we take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do. Along the way, we’ve repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Now more game-changing developments are in the pipeline. Behind our breakthroughs is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. By sharing our viewpoints, challenging our thinking, and empowering our people, we create unique and novel approaches to solving problems. Join us, and we’ll help each other do our best work!