Product Owner, Operations
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you'll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats. If you want to join an agile company that's building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it's no wonder we've been named a "Top Place to Work" by the Boston Globe for four consecutive years. Join us!
Carbon Black's Product Management team dedicates themselves to defining and delivering market-leading innovative products enabling businesses to be safe from modern cyber attacks, redefining the endpoint security market, leveraging agile best practices.
Why You Matter
Product Owners gain understanding of their customers, identify problems that need to be solved, manage a backlog, and work with technical teams to deliver features for our customers while improving the scalability of the platform and generating revenue. As product owner on our team, your role will be on an agile delivery team that is responsible for maintaining and evolving the infrastructure of the product. You will work closely with, and enhance the productivity of, a high-performing technical operations team. You will work collaboratively with our product team to shape our vision, strategy and roadmap with primary responsibilities of gaining an understanding of the endpoint security market, managing a backlog, and working with technical teams to deliver features that keep our products stable and reliable. We are looking for people who flourish in the fast-paced, interrupt driven world of technical operations.
What You'll Do
- Work with product and ops leadership to formulate our product infrastructure vision, strategy and roadmap
- Drive Story, Backlog, and Feature definition and prioritize based on defined Initiatives
- Internalize and deeply understand complex technical problems and how they impact our customers and our teams using the services you are focused on
- Be the voice of the customer and provide a business perspective on value during day-to-day development
- Understand when to make tradeoffs between planned work and the unexpected interrupt-driven work
- Conduct customer and stakeholder interviews to validate and own story definition
- Coordinate with other product owners on features / betas / roadmaps / feedback
- Prepare the go to market teams on the appropriate plan for availability of product improvements
- Communicate our infrastructure vision to customers as needed
What You'll Bring
- A computer science undergraduate degree or other engineering degree equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience as a Product Owner, Product Manager, or Business Analyst in a commercial SaaS company with a highly agile (Kanban, Scrum, XP) environment
- Experience in (endpoint) security and prior development experiences are strong pluses
- Experience with AWS
- Passion for working in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment; Self-motivated, organized
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
Who We Are
Carbon Black is a leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black serves more than 3,700 customers globally, including 33 of the Fortune 100. As a cybersecurity innovator, Carbon Black has pioneered multiple endpoint security categories, including application control, endpoint detection and response (EDR), and next-generation antivirus (NGAV). Leveraging its big data and analytics cloud platform – the Cb Predictive Security Cloud – Carbon Black solutions enable customers to defend against the most advanced cyber threats, including malware, ransomware, and non-malware attacks. Deployed via the cloud, on premise, or as a managed service, customers use Carbon Black solutions to lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and replace legacy antivirus.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.