Product Owner (Bilingual)
The Product Owner represents the voice of stakeholders by maintaining and prioritizing the backlog to ensure that engineering teams are working on stories that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be one with prior product management experience who leads by example, can communicate in terms of value, and can identify aggregate feature sets that progress technical and business goals.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (cross-functional teams, business partners, management) during the visioning and concept development of a client project.
- Assess value, prioritize and write stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to translate business and technical requirements into user and technical stories for Engineering scrum teams to implement.
- Create and maintain the Product backlog.
- Attend sprint planning meetings.
- Present on product and component progress to stakeholders and leadership.
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2 years experience in Scrum and Agile
- Minimum 2 years Product Owner / Product Development experience working with a team to deliver software in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of relevant agile metrics and charts (e.g. burndown, velocity, burnup, CFD) and ability to interpret them in conjunction with release planning
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD methodologies, as well as more structured release methodologies, and the ability to know when to use which
- Proven analytic and problem-solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret internal business and technical needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Proven verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively to customers, managers and colleagues
- Experience in the Financial, Software, and/or Digital sectors strongly preferred
- Experience with lean product design a plus
- English and Spanish speaking a must
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).