Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
A successful Wavelengths Product Manager will be responsible for conducting product level analysis, providing direct commercial sales support, and developing overall product positioning and growth strategy within the Wavelengths Product Group. This includes management of existing Wavelengths base of business as well as assessment and implementation of new products, internal processes, sales tools and/or market expansions.
Through direct customer interaction and an understanding of the marketplace, the Product Manager will provide recommendations to grow the Wavelengths business. The ability to develop business metrics, clearly communicate and present findings and recommend action to senior leadership is essential.
This position requires a firm grasp of Zayo’s product portfolio, network footprint, competitive position and industry market dynamics. Prior sales support experience and knowledge of industry technology and terminology, as well as proficiency in G-Suite and Excel is required. Additionally, the ability to integrate quickly into Zayo’s CRM software, Salesforce.com, and manage workload in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment is also critical.
- Responsible for providing commercial support including custom deal pricing, product guidance, renewal of existing services, negotiating commercial terms and conditions, and providing regular financial forecasting
- Provide business analysis and recommendations resulting from such analysis
- Ownership of business cases for product enhancements / developments and network enhancements
- Development and improvement of capabilities within Tranzact, Zayo’s customer-facing quoting system
- Development of product definitions, positioning and value proposition development, pricing and guidelines, competitive analysis and process documentation
- Proactive and regular interaction with key customers and internal sales force to ensure products meet the needs of the market
- Minimum 1-3 years of commercial product management experience, preferably telecommunications
- Prior experience with network development or other network construction/planning is beneficial
- Undergraduate B.A. or B.S. degree. Focused area of study in Engineering, Business, Finance or Economics preferred. MBA and/or equivalent work experience a bonus
- Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, budgeting and financial analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and prepare presentations and proposals.
- Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and customers.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus. Google Suite products used extensively as well.
- Requires an individual with superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Requires an ability to be flexible in work schedule and to work and meet strict deadlines with limited supervision.
- Requires an ability to work across functional boundaries.
- Special Considerations: Indoor work environment requires sitting for extended periods
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave