The Product Manager at TrainingPeaks runs one or more cross-functional, autonomous product development teams focused on a clear business mission and is responsible for successful execution of a product vision by delivering incremental value to our customers. As a product leader, you are responsible for working with executive leadership and the other team leads to research, define and then execute a cohesive solution within the broader product strategy and company vision.
TrainingPeaks provides the complete web, mobile and desktop solution for enabling smart and effective endurance training. Our products include TrainingPeaks.com Athlete and Coach Edition, WKO+ desktop software for cutting-edge scientific analysis and planning, and the TrainingPeaks mobile apps for iOS and Android. TrainingPeaks solutions are used by Tour de France teams, IRONMAN® World Champions, Olympians, and age group athletes and coaches around the world to track, analyze and plan their training.
As Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Exhibit strong servant leadership qualities, focusing on collaborative problem-solving and inclusive decision making within the team.
- Use Agile and Lean technique to break a customer problem into iterative deliveries, focusing your team on steady cadence and continuous deployments while maintaining a healthy sustainable work-balance. Manage alpha and beta releases and customer feedback.
- Run all the team ceremonies & meetings and welcome conflict within those, expertly facilitating exchange of ideas and resolutions; ultimately, you are the tiebreaker and final decision maker.
- Primary point of contact outside the team, responsible for working with stakeholders to gather the vision and continuously evolve it in an agile fashion, then communicating it into the team. Communicate progress, risks, opportunities to outside stakeholders striving to avoid surprises by maintaining a steady flow of customer value delivery.
- Improve the product features at a detailed level with customer empathy as the Product Owner and gain a deep understanding of the business model and how the product supports revenue generation in order to always align feature development with the company’s strategy.
- Own the final decision on feature development and quality of the delivered features and the business outcomes; delegating quality assurance work within the team and managing a QA strategy based on company QA best practices and engineering principles, working with our data team to gather the right metrics; and work with other business leaders to continuously align execution to strategy and collaborate across business boundaries.
- Demonstrate intrinsic leadership in ambiguous, complex, human situations. Turn ambiguity, uncertainty, and risk into cohesive action based on a mindset of “knowing what needs to be done” through initiative, grit, and genuine care for the people and the business.
- Understand the core TrainingPeaks customers (coaches and athletes) and market and how the application addresses differing needs; use this understanding to define a clear growth strategy.
- Responsible for prioritization of user stories within the team. Establish sustainable cadence and predictability of team flow. Progress tracking and schedule management through milestones, MVP, and confidence intervals.
- Collaborate with leadership and be able to articulate and communicate product vision and strategy.
- Identify room for continuous improvement in our High Maturity (Horizon 1) product portfolio through market research and data analytics working closely with our data team. You identify product requirements (customer problems, desired outcomes), discover and measure the appropriate metric, and apply agile principles to help the teams execute.
- Understand and work within the existing engineering agile process, to keep yourself and the teams accountable to the principles. Provide feedback, input, and eventually guidance on a strategic product development process, including helping to define growth horizons.
- Perform other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, you possess:
- Experience as a product manager in the SaaS industry with proven results - you're able to show us numbers, walk us through initiatives, tell us a story of how you improved a product!
- 3-5 years Agile experience, as a ScrumMaster or Agile Coach
- Strong analytical problem solving skills, highly detail oriented, with Lean and Agile practice experience
- Strong people skills and are able to motivate teams through vision and communication
- Experience at the strategic level, helping with long-term road maps as well as product development process & frameworks
Ideally, you are also possess:
- Passion for the outdoors or endurance sports as an athlete and/or coach and have used TrainingPeaks in your own training
If this job description excites you, we're looking forward to connecting!
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- 401(k) 5% match
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
More about TrainingPeaks' parent company, Peaksware:
Peaksware brings together industry leading brands, developing software solutions to help users on their individual journeys of skill development and improvement through its unique approach to deliberate practice. This shared approach is the common thread connecting our brands which include MakeMusic, TrainingPeaks, TrainHeroic and Alfred Music. Peaksware was recognized as one of BuiltInColorado's 2017 Top100 Digital Tech Companies and five times by Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work"!